Eldegoss is a Grass-type Pokémon introduced in Generation VIII. It evolves from Gossifleur starting at level 20. Take a look below for 14 fun and fascinating facts about Eldegoss.
1. Eldegoss has a light green head with amber brownish eyes with darker green triangles above both said eyes.
2. It also has pupils the same color as its face and a black mouth.
3. Eldegoss’s lower body consists of a yellow upper part that resembles a cloak, and a darker green lower part that resembles a dress.
4. Above its head is a green crest that fills a notch in its head and connects the cotton atop Eldegoss to its head.
5. There are also brown seeds that can be found scattered on the top of its cotton.
6. Eldegoss’s cotton fluff acts like a cushion to protect its head from attacks.
7. The cotton can also be spun into a glossy, gorgeous yarn that is a specialty in Galar.
8. It is said that the tiny seeds inside the cotton fluff are highly nutritious and beneficial for people and Pokémon.
9. It spreads the seeds by sending them on the wind, making the soil in the Galar region rich in nutrients.
10. Eldegoss resembles the seedpods of the plants from the Anemone genus, like the windflower, common in the British Isles.
11. It may also draw inspiration from a full-bloomed ball of cotton and on how it is used to make textile products.
12. In addition, Eldegoss may also be based on an afro haircut.
13. Eldegoss may be a combination of elder and Gossypium (the cotton plant genus) or gossamer (something light or delicate). It could also originate from edelweiss, a flower with a furry coat.
14. An Eldegoss first appeared in the Sword & Shield chapter, under the ownership of Milo.