Grass Valley is a city in Sherman County, Oregon, United States. Take a look below for 10 interesting and fascinating facts about Grass Valley, Oregon, United States.
1. The population was 164 at the 2010 census.
2. According to the United States Census Bureau, the city has a total area of 0.51 square miles (1.32 km2), all of it land.
3. As of the census of 2010, there were 164 people, 74 households, and 47 families living in the city.
4. The population density was 321.6 inhabitants per square mile (124.2/km2).
5. There were 92 housing units at an average density of 180.4 per square mile (69.7/km2).
6. The racial makeup of the city was 97.0% White, 0.6% Native American, 0.6% from other races, and 1.8% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 3.0% of the population.
7. There were 74 households, of which 23.0% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 47.3% were married couples living together, 14.9% had a female householder with no husband present, 1.4% had a male householder with no wife present, and 36.5% were non-families. 29.7% of all households were made up of individuals, and 20.3% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older.
8. The average household size was 2.22 and the average family size was 2.74.
9. The median age in the city was 52 years. 21.3% of residents were under the age of 18; 2.4% were between the ages of 18 and 24; 18.2% were from 25 to 44; 29.3% were from 45 to 64; and 28.7% were 65 years of age or older.
10. The gender makeup of the city was 45.7% male and 54.3% female.