English Harbour East is a town in the Canadian province of Newfoundland and Labrador. Take a look below for 8 fun and amazing facts about English Harbour East, Newfoundland and Labrador, Canada.
1. It is a village located northeast of Belleoram.
2. The Way Office was established in 1883 on July 1.
3. The first Postmistress was Annis Hackett in 1891.
4. The town had a population of 139 in the Canada 2016 Census.
5. Many people moved to the area from such remote communities as Conne in the early to mid 20th Century.
6. Its boundaries are established by the Town of English Harbour East Order under the Municipalities Act (Newfoundland and Labrador).
7. The community was formerly served by St. George’s School, which closed in 2006.
8. Several fishing sheds from abandoned communities elsewhere in Newfoundland have been moved to English Harbour East and restored.