Diggersby is a dual-type Normal/Ground Pokémon introduced in Generation VI. It evolves from Bunnelby starting at level 20. Take a look below for 25 fascinating and fun facts about Diggersby.
1. Diggersby is a bipedal Pokemon that resembles a large, portly gray rabbit.
2. Its most notable feature is its two ears, which resemble muscular forearms, complete with three-fingered paws.
3. The ears are mostly gray with pink interiors, whereas the paws at the tips are brown.
4. There are three brown spots above each ear-paw.
5. A pointed protrusion in the middle resembles an elbow.
6. These ears are strong enough to lift objects weighing over a ton and prove to be an invaluable asset in Diggersby’s digging.
7. Diggersby’s remaining limbs are small in comparison to the ears.
8. The fur of the upper paws is white, while the feet are brown; each paw has three digits.
9. A sash or belt-like band composed of thicker, woolly fur surrounds its waist; it tends to tuck its paws into this fur.
10. This sash is divided into sections: brown on its sides and yellow on the front and back.
11. Its short tail is also yellow and protrudes from the back section of the sash.
12. Diggersby’s face has a large brown muzzle with prominent cheeks.
13. The coloration around its muzzle extends down onto its neck and resembles beard stubble.
14. It has two large upper incisors, three whiskers on each cheek, a tiny, pink nose, and eyes that appear to perpetually squint.
15. No other Pokémon has the same type combination as Diggersby.
16. Diggersby is the only Pokémon with a base stat total of 423.
17. Diggersby is the only Ground-type Pokémon able to learn Spikes.
18. Diggersby seems to be based on a rabbit. Considering its ability to use its ears as powerful digging and excavating tools, as well as the fact that it hangs out at construction sites, Diggersby is probably based on an excavator and possibly other heavy equipment.
19. The brown fur on its ears resembles excavated dirt or mud. Its tendency to laze about after working, as well as its muzzle and mud-like markings, may also mean Diggersby is based on construction workers as well.
20. Diggersby may be a combination of digger and bunny.
21. Diggersby debuted in To Catch a Pokémon Smuggler!, under the ownership of Dolan. It was often used to assist Dolan in his poaching activities. When Ash battled Dolan to rescue Chespin and the Spewpa, it overpowered Froakie despite having a type disadvantage. It was later defeated after a Spewpa that had escaped earlier evolved into Vivillon and paralyzed it with Stun Spore.
22. A Diggersby appeared in a flashback in A Trip Down Memory Train!, where it attacked the group of Pokémon that befriended Clemont’s Bunnelby when it was still a wild Pokémon. It tried to take their home but eventually helped move the train.
23. Clemont’s Bunnelby appeared as a Diggersby in a dream in Dream a Little Dream from Me!.
24. A Diggersby appeared in Summer of Discovery!, where it was seen on a Pokévision video icon.
25. A Diggersby appeared in A Fork in the Road! A Parting of the Ways!.