Del Rey Oaks (Del Rey, Spanish for “Of The King”) is a city in Monterey County, California, United States. Take a look below for 7 awesome and interesting facts about Del Ray Oaks, California, United States.
1. Del Rey Oaks is located just southeast of Seaside, at an elevation of 82 feet (25 m).
2. The population was 1,624 at the 2010 census.
3. Del Rey Oaks is a member of the Association of Monterey Bay Area Governments, a regional government agency.
4. The town was formerly known as Del Rey Woods.
5. Del Rey Oaks is located at 36°35′36″N 121°50′06″W.
6. According to the United States Census Bureau, the city has a total area of 0.5 square miles (1.3 km2), 99.58% of it land and 0.42% of it water.
7. Prior to incorporation (on September 3, 1953) the town was called Del Rey Woods. The Del Rey Oaks post office opened in 1968.