St. Bride’s is a small town on the Cape Shore of Newfoundland, Canada. Take a look below for 5 amazing and awesome facts about St. Bride’s, Newfoundland and Labrador, Canada.
1. Located 166 km Southwest of the capital of Newfoundland and Labrador, St. John’s, St. Bride’s is a fishing community with a population of approximately 252 persons as of 2016.
2. The largest codfish ever caught, weighing in at 125 lbs, was landed here in 1905.
3. St. Bride’s is the largest community on the Cape Shore, and serves as an administrative centre.
4. It is home to Fatima Academy and several businesses and government services.
5. The community is named for the Irish St. Brigid, which reflects the community’s strong ties to the southeast of Ireland.