Crabrawler is a Fighting-type Pokémon introduced in Generation VII. It evolves into Crabominable when leveled up at Mount Lanakila. Take a look below for 30 interesting and amazing facts about Crabrawler.
1. Crabrawler is a crustacean Pokemon resembling a crab.
2. Most of its shell is purple with blue and yellow accents.
3. It has two long, yellow antennae over its eyes.
4. One blue eyelid is usually half-closed, giving it the appearance of a black eye.
5. The purple shell covering its body appears to be made of three parts: two plain plates covering the shoulders and part of the chest and one plate covered in blue stripes across its underside.
6. A large portion of its yellow body is visible down the center of its chest and a tiny spot is visible in the center of its back.
7. Crabrawler has three pairs of legs.
8. The two rear pairs are smaller with yellow joints and blue tips.
9. The foremost pair of legs has large blue pincers resembling boxing gloves.
10. There is a small amount of meat in its claws, which is considered delicious.
11. A competitive Pokémon that hates to lose, this Pokémon uses its large claws as protection for its face and belly while it closes in on opponents.
12. Crabrawler’s pincers sometimes break off from overuse, but they grow back quickly.
13. Crabrawler strives to achieve not only a high social standing, but a physically higher position as well.
14. It can be found clinging to buildings or even tall people, and will punch anyone who attempts to remove it from its perch.
15. In the event that it does lose, its mouth will foam before it faints.
16. While it is capable of splitting tree trunks, it usually punches trees to knock down ripe berries.
17. Many Crabrawler will gather around a tree to compete for the ripe berries.
18. Crabrawler also preys on Exeggcute. It has been known to mistake Exeggutor for coconut trees, which shake and stomp Crabrawler off when climbed.
19. Crabrawler was known by the code name “Crab 1” during development.
20. Crabrawler is the only known Pokémon with a base stat total of 338.
21. Crabrawler and Crabominable are the only Fighting-type Pokémon to have an insectoid body.
22. Crabrawler is based on a crab, likely the coconut crab. Some of Crabrawler’s attributes are reminiscent of professional boxers.
23. Crabrawler may be a combination of crab and brawler.
24. Crawbrawler debuted in Trial and Tribulation!, under the ownership of Hala. It was used in a battle against Ash, where it battled Rowlet and proved to be a tough opponent. However, Rowlet was able to defeat Crawbrawler in the end. It reappeared in Getting a Jump on the Competition!, where it evolved into Crabominable after defeating a Sneasel on Mount Lanakila.
25. Multiple Crabrawler appeared in Partner Promises!. They were having a sparring match on Treasure Island, but fled when Ash asked if he and Pikachu could join in.
26. A Crabrawler appeared in Pikachu’s Exciting Adventure!, where it tried to steal Ash’s hat, only to be defeated by Meltan.
27. A Trainer’s Crabrawler appeared in We Know Where You’re Going, Eevee!.
28. A Trainer’s Crabrawler appeared in This Magik Moment!.
29. A Trainer’s Crabrawler appeared in Battle Royal 151!, where it competed in the Battle Royal preliminary round of the Manalo Conference, but ended up losing.
30. Multiple Crabrawler debuted in Thieving and Boss Crabominable. Upon arriving at Poni Island, Sun was attacked by a pair of them, and they proceeded to steal a Mirage Berry he was holding. After following them to Seafolk Village, Sun discovered that the Crabrawler were part of a larger group led by a powerful Crabominable. They reappeared in The Truth and Island Kahuna Hapu.