Zacian is a Fairy-type Legendary Pokémon introduced in Generation VIII. While it is not known to evolve into or from any other Pokémon, Zacian has a second form activated by giving it a Rusted Sword to hold. Its original form, Hero of Many Battles, will then become the Fairy/Steel-type Crowned Sword. Zacian is the game mascot of Pokémon Sword, appearing on the boxart in its Crowned Sword form. Take a look below for 29 awesome and fun facts about Zacian.
1. In its Hero of Many Battles form, Zacian looks like a large cyan wolf with yellow eyes, a pink tail, and pink braids going down the side of its body.
2. Two pink fringes of fur are present on its back.
3. Battle scars are visible on its sides, and part of its left ear is missing; this ear is healed when it assumes the Crowned Sword form.
4. In its Crowned Sword form, the fringes of fur on its back become wing-like armor and its braids grow to resemble ribbons.
5. Additionally, its head is covered by a golden helmet, and it carries a golden sword decorated to resemble Zacian’s colors.
6. According to legends, Zacian is believed to be either the elder sister or rival of Zamazenta.
7. It is also known as the Fairy King’s Sword by friends and foes due to it being able to cut down anything in one strike.
8. It can turn itself into a statue in order to slumber until need and is capable of flying.
9. When together with Zamazenta it can negate the power of Eternatus, even in its Eternamax state.
10. By absorbing the metal particles in the land, it can change its form.
11. It can also cast illusions including a projection of itself even when asleep.
12. Zacian can attack so gracefully the movements can captivate its opponents, which has been compared to a graceful dance.
13. The sword it holds in its mouth can cut through anything with a sharp edge capable of harming even the thick scales of Dragon-type Pokémon as if they were just paper.
14. When Zacian slashes its opponents it moves faster than the blinking eye, thus those struck down by its sword will not feel the pain until they fall down.
15. When using its signature move, it can cut the ocean in two.
16. Zacian can sheathe its sword when not in use by wrapping it with its mane.
17. Zacian is the only known Pokémon capable of using Behemoth Blade.
18. Crowned Sword Zacian has the highest base Attack stat of all Fairy-type Pokémon and the highest base Speed stat of all Fairy-type and Steel-type Pokémon.
19. Crowned Sword Zacian is the heaviest Fairy-type Pokémon.
20. Despite being a genderless species, Zacian is referred to as Zamazenta’s older sister in its English, Japanese, and Chinese Pokédex entries; other-language versions use a gender-neutral word.
21. Zacian may be based on King Arthur’s sword Excalibur. Its role as a warrior aiding a king may take inspiration on the Knights of the Round Table. In addition, Zacian’s feminine nature may be a reference to the Lady of the Lake, the character responsible for giving King Arthur his sword, and its relationship with Zamazenta may allude to the relationship between King Arthur and his sister Morgan le Fay.
22. It otherwise resembles a wolf, an animal once native to Great Britain and an important heraldic symbol for noble families during the Middle Ages.
23. Its long, hanging blue fur resembles a caparison, a cloth covering usually worn by warhorses during the High Middle Ages.
24. The story of Zacian and Zamazenta retreating to the Slumbering Weald to recover from their wounds, and their return in the present day to save Galar, parallels the legend of King Arthur’s messianic return.
25. Zacian’s sword’s ability to cut through anything, with Zamazenta’s shield resisting any attack, could be an example of an irresistible force paradox.
26. One of the most famous examples of this in folklore include the Chinese tale of a peddler selling a spear and a shield with similar properties, only to be asked what would happen if the two items were to be used against one another.
27. Another example tells of the Greek hunting hound Laelaps, which always caught its prey, being set upon Teumessian fox, which could never be caught, and had to be turned into constellations to prevent the paradox.
28. Zacian is derived from the cyan.
29. Zacian debuted in PASS05. Sōdo and Shirudomiria encountered Zacian and Zamazenta in the Slumbering Weald, though their attempt to fight off the two Pokémon revealed they were merely illusions.