Amber Levonchuck, known professionally as Amber Rose, is an American model and actress. She signed with Ford Models in 2009 and appeared in Louis Vuitton ads and made cameos in music videos for Ludacris, Young Jeezy and Wiz Khalifa. Take a look below for 28 more fun and interesting facts about Amber Rose.
1. Rose was born on October 21, 1983, in Philadelphia, to Dorothy Rose and Michael Levonchuck.
2. Her father is of Irish and Italian descent and her mother is of Cape Verdean African and maternal Scottish descent from Ayrshire.
3. She has one brother named Antonio Hewlett.
4. Rose grew up in South Philadelphia.
5. At the age of 15, Rose began stripping, under the pseudonym “Paris,” to provide for her family after the divorce of her parents.
6. On Van Lathan’s “The Red Pill” podcast, she revealed that she also attempted to sell crack cocaine, but wasn’t successful.
7. Rose’s appearance in Young Jeezy and Kanye West’s “Put On” video in 2008 caught the attention of West.
8. Rose then gained more exposure after posing for a Louis Vuitton print advertisement featuring West’s sneaker line.
9. Rose walked the runway at New York Fashion Week for “Celestino.”
10. She has made cameos in music videos such as Nicki Minaj’s “Massive attack,” Young Jeezy’s “Vacation,” Wiz Khalifa’s “No Sleep,” Fabolous’ “You Be Killin’ Em,” Ludacris’ “What Them Girls Like and Future’s “Mask Off.”
11. She was signed with modeling agency Ford Models from 2009 to 2010.
12. In 2010, she appeared in Russell Simmons’s reality show about his two assistants, “Running Russell Simmons.”
13. She starred in a PSA by NOH8 Campaign.
14. In 2011, Rose was a guest judge on Season 3 of RuPaul’s Drag Race.
15. She was also a judge on Season 2 of “Master of the Mix.”
16. In November 2011, she became the spokesperson for Smirnoff and appeared in television ads and billboards for the company’s new flavors Whipped Cream and Fluffed Marshmallow.
17. Rose released her debut single “Fame,” which features Wiz Khalifa, on January 10, 2012, followed by a second single, titled “Loaded,” released on February 6, 2012.
18. She rapped on the eleventh track of her ex-husband’s album O.N.I.F.C., titled “Rise Above,” along with rappers Tuki Carter and Pharrell Williams, who produced the song,
19. She was managed by Leticia “Tish” Cyrus, mother of singer Miley Cyrus, who is Rose’s and her ex-husband Wiz Khalifa’s close friend.
20. In September 2009, Rose announced plans to launch her own eyewear line.
21. In 2012, Rose opened a clothing line with her friend Priscilla Ono called Rose & Ono.
22. Simon & Schuster published her first book, “How to Be a Bad Bitch,” in which she offers advice and personal anecdotes on everything from finances and career to love and fashion. The cover features an image shot by famed photographer David LaChapelle.
23. In 2015, Rose filmed “Walk of No Shame with Amber Rose” with Funny or Die. The viral video helped promote Rose’s Slut Walk, which took place on October 3, 2015, in Los Angeles, California.
24. In March 2016, Rose launched an emoji app called MuvaMoji, featuring 900 emoji icons that she curated. Upon release, it show to number 1 on the App Store charts. She earned $4 million from the app.
25. In May 2016, it was announced that Rose would star in her own talk show entitled “The Amber Rose Show” on VH1, which debuted on July 8, 2016.
26. On September 8, 2016, Rose began hosting “Loveline.”
27. On August 30, 2016, Rose was announced as one of the celebrities who would compete on the 23rd season of “Dancing with the Stars.” She was partnered with professional dancer Maksim Chmerkovskiy. They were eliminated on October 17 and finished in 9th place.
28. As of April 3, 2019, Rose disclosed via an Instagram post that she is expecting a baby boy with Def Jam record label executive Alexzander “A.E.” Edwards.