Jamie-Lynn Sigler is an American actress and singer. She is best known for her role as Meadow Soprano on the HBO series The Sopranos. Take a look below for 27 more awesome and interesting facts about Jamie-Lynn Sigler.
1. Sigler was born in Jericho, New York, on May 15, 1981, the daughter of Steve and Connie Sigler.
2. She has two brothers named Adam and Brian.
3. Her father was the founder of the Men’s Senior Baseball League.
4. Sigler is of both Sephardic Jewish (Greek-Jewish) and Ashkenazi Jewish (Romanian-Jewish) descent through her father, whereas her mother is Cuban and was raised Catholic, later converting to Judaism upon marrying Sigler’s father.
5. Sigler began acting and singing at the age of seven.
6. She attended Jericho High School and studied at the Cultural Arts Playhouse in Old Bethpage, New York.
7. In 1997, Sigler was cast as Meadow Soprano, daughter of New Jersey mob boss Tony Soprano.
8. The show premiered in 1999 and became a huge success, catapulting Sigler to fame as a TV actress. She continued to play the role through the series finale in 2007.
9. In 2000, while filming Campfire Stories in Hamburg, New Jersey, Sigler was paralyzed from the waist down for several days by Lyme disease.
10. Sigler played the title role in Cinderella on tour and at The Theatre at Madison Square Garden in 2001.
11. She then spent five months on Broadway from October 2002 through February 2003 playing Belle in Beauty and the Beast. She has continued to appear in theatrical roles.
12. In 2004, Sigler starred as “Hollywood Madam” Heidi Fleiss in the USA television movie Call Me: The Rise and Fall of Heidi Fleiss.
13. In that same year, she had her first starring feature film role, Extreme Dating, an independent film.
14. In 2005, Sigler starred in Love Wrecked and the following year in Homie Spumoni, when she played the role of Alli, the girlfriend of Renato/Leroy (Donald Faison) directed by Mike Cerron.
15. In 2008, Sigler appeared as herself in 13 episodes of the fifth and sixth season of the HBO series Entourage.
16. In 2001, Sigler released a pop album called Here to Heaven, which featured the single “Cry Baby”. The album was a commercial failure.
17. In 2007, she said she was “embarrassed” by the album and regretted releasing it.
18. In 2012, she collaborated with Romeo Santos on the single “You” and appeared in its music video.
19. In 2002, Sigler co-authored her autobiography, Wise Girl: What I’ve Learned About Life, Love, and Loss.
20. Sigler met Abraxas “A. J.” DiScala when she was 19, and he became her manager.
21. They began dating shortly before she turned 21, and married on July 11, 2003.
22. She subsequently changed her name to Jamie-Lynn DiScala. They separated in September 2005, and she resumed using her maiden name.
23. In 2008, Sigler visited Israel through the Birthright Israel program and was moved by the trip, calling Israel “one of the most beautiful, inspiring places [she’s] ever been to”. She said that the trip gave her a greater understanding of her Jewish ancestry.
24. Also in 2008, she began a relationship with actor Jerry Ferrara, whom she met while guest-starring on Entourage as a love interest of Ferrara’s character. They split up in 2009.
25. She later dated football player Mark Sanchez.
26. In 2012, Sigler began dating baseball player Cutter Dykstra, the son of former Major League Baseball player Lenny Dykstra. The two became engaged on January 28, 2013, and announced in February 2013 that they were expecting a baby.
27. Sigler gave birth to their son, Beau Kyle Dykstra, on August 28, 2013. They were married in Palm Springs, California, on January 16, 2016. The couple had their second son in January 2018.