Jamie Lynn Marie Spears is an American singer and actress. She was born in McComb, Mississippi, and raised in Louisiana. She is the younger sister of singer Britney Spears. She is known for her role as Zoey Brooks on the Nickelodeon teen sitcom Zoey 101, in which she starred from 2005 to 2008. In July 2019, Netflix announced that Spears has been cast as a series regular in the upcoming romance drama series Sweet Magnolias. Take a look below for 26 more awesome and interesting facts about Jamie Lynn Spears.
1. Spears was born in McComb, Mississippi, to James and Lynne Spears.
2. Her older siblings are Bryan and Britney.
3. She attended Parklane Academy, where she was a cheerleader, and point guard of the basketball team.
4. Spears studied with tutors while filming Zoey 101 in Los Angeles.
5. She finished her education via online correspondence and received her GED in February 2008 through Tangipahoa Parish School System Adult Education Center.
6. In February 2002, Spears made her acting debut in the Paramount Pictures drama film Crossroads which starred her sister, who portrayed the central character Lucy Wagner.
7. Spears made a cameo, playing the younger version of Britney’s character.
8. Following Crossroads, Nickelodeon cast Spears as a regular performer in the eighth season of the sketch comedy series All That.
9. Spears made a guest appearance at Stars, Stripes and Skates skating gala at Madison Square Garden in September 2002.
10. On December 20, 2007, in an interview with OK! magazine, Spears announced that she was pregnant by her then-boyfriend, Casey Aldridge.
11. She was 16 years old at the time.
12. Aldridge, whom she had been dating for two years, was 18.
13. Spears gave birth to a daughter, Maddie Briann Aldridge, on June 19, 2008, at Southwest Mississippi Regional Medical Center in McComb, Mississippi.
14. Spears confirmed her engagement to Aldridge in March 2008 after it was reported she was seen wearing an engagement ring.
15. In May 2008, the couple moved back to Liberty, Mississippi, and purchased a house, with Spears stating they would raise their child there.
16. Spears and Aldridge called off their engagement in March 2009, and Spears ended the relationship and moved out in February 2010.
17. Spears and Aldridge reconciled in August 2010, but ended their relationship a second time in November 2010.
18. The announcement of Spears’s pregnancy generated controversy, as the media was accused of using the story to “glamorize” teenage pregnancy. Some teens were disappointed with the contrast between Spears’s on-screen personality as a “good girl” and her real life pregnancy.
19. On June 4, 2008, while in Amite County, Mississippi, the Spears family filed a complaint against Edwin Merrino, a paparazzo who, they believed, was following and stalking the couple. Merrino denied the allegation. He was released later in the day after posting a $1,096 bond.
20. She subsequently began a relationship with Jamie Watson, a businessman who owns communications service Advanced Media Partners.
21. After two years of on and off dating, they announced their engagement in March 2013.
22. On March 14, 2014, she married Watson in New Orleans.
23. On April 11, 2018, Spears gave birth to her second child, a daughter named Ivey Joan Watson.
24. Spears has been featured in several fashion blogs and magazines such as Seventeen, Teen, Girls’ Life, Mizz and Nickelodeon Magazine.
25. Spears has appeared in commercials and print ads throughout her career. She appeared in television commercials for eKara, Pepsi and Clorox Bleach.
26. In 2018, she appeared in an advertising campaign for Kraft with daughter Maddie.