Parker Christian Posey, born November 8, 1968, is an American actress and musician. Following her role in Richard Linklater’s 1993 cult hit Dazed and Confused, she became known during the 1990s after a series of roles in independent films such as Party Girl and The House of Yes, which gained her the nickname “Queen of the Indies.” Take a look below for 26 more fun and interesting facts about Parker Posey.
1. She played improvisational roles in Christopher Guest’s mockumentaries, including Waiting for Guffman, Best in Show, A Mighty Win, For Your Consideration, and Mascots.
2. Her other film appearances include You’ve Got Mail, Scream 3, Superman Returns, and the Woody Allen movies Irrational Man and Cafe Society.
3. On television, Posey has guest starred in series such as Will & Grace, Boston Legal, Futurama, The Good Wife, Louie, Parks and Recreation, and Search Party, as well the Netflix adaption of Lost in Space.
4. She was born in Baltimore, Maryland, to Lynda, a chef, and Chris Posey, an owner of a car dealership.
5. Posey has a twin brother, Christopher.
6. Her first name was a tribute by her father to 1950s model Suzy Parker.
7. After Posey’s birth, her family lived in Monroe, Louisiana for 11 years. They later moved to Laurel, Mississippi, where her mother worked as a chef and culinary instructor for the Viking Range Corporation in Greenwood, and her father operated a car dealership.
8. Against the wishes of her management, she accepted two supporting roles right after the unexpected success of Party Girl.
9. One of Parker’s current interests is making pottery.
10. She’s a contributing editor to Open City literary magazine.
11. She and the other cast members have been playing concerts in role as the bands from A Mighty Wind. So far, they have played at the Getty Museum in Los Angeles in May 2003, and will be doing more concerts in Washington, D.C.; Boston, Massachusetts; and Upper Darby, Pennsylvania.
12. Posey learned to play the mandolin for her role in the Christopher Guest movie, A Mighty Wind.
13. She was considered for the role of Dorothy Boyd in Jerry Maguire.
14. She did her own singing and mandolin playing in A Mighty Wind.
15. Posey’s favorite musicians are Belle & Sebastian, Sigur Ros and Mighty Flashlight.
16. She has a song named after her, written by “apocalyptic folk artist” Steve Davis. The song appeared on Davis’ 2006 album.
17. Posey and Wesley Snipes both attended college at SUNY at Purchase and then, later, worked together on Blade: Trinity.
18. She is yet another member of the “Purchase Mafia,” a group of graduates from SUNY Purchase. Alumni actors and filmmakers include Wesley Snipes, Sherry Stringfield, Stanley Tucci, Curtis McClarin, Bob Gosse, Todd Baker, Nick Gomez and Melissa Leo.
19. She is a close friend of Jimmy Fallon. She was one of his neighbors when he lived in New York City.
20. Posey has been in two movies with WWE wrestler Paul Levesque, also known as Triple H. The movies were Blade: Trinity and Inside Out.
21. She provided vocals on several of her ex-boyfriend Ryan Adams’ records.
22. She played the mandolin on The Dandy Warhols track “I Am Sound” from their Welcome to the Monkey House LP.
23. In July 2015, Posey revealed that before being cast in Woody Allen’s Irrational Man, she had considered quitting acting, as she feared that she, “saw the independent film movement go away from me… it’s a world market now. They’re made from real star power. Whoever’s hot at the moment.”
24. In 2012, Posey starred in four episodes of the third season of Louie as Liz, Louis C.K.’s love interest. She received positive reviews for her stint on the show.
25. In 2012, she was honored with the Excellence in Acting Award at the Provincetown International Film Festival.
26. In 2007, Posey was cast in the lead role on the television series The Return of Jezebel James. The show was originally given 13 episodes, but the show was cut to seven episode sin anticipation of the pending writers strike.