Gogoat is a Grass-type Pokémon introduced in Generation VI. It evolves from Skiddo starting at level 32. Take a look below for 25 fun and interesting facts about Gogoat.
1. Gogoat is a quadruped, hoofed Pokemon similar to a goat.
2. The fur on its face is white with fluffier fur on the chin and the back of its head is dark brown.
3. It has black nose, red eyes encircled by black markings, a brown blaze down the middle of its face, and rounded ears.
4. On top of its head is a pair of curving black horns that extend over its back.
5. It is covered in shaggy, brown fur that is darker across the back and lighter around the belly and legs.
6. Around its neck is a thick, green leafy mane that extends down its back and ends in a short, bushy tail.
7. The fur on its legs is shorter than the rest of their body; it is dark brown on the upper leg and white around the feet.
8. Each foot ends in a cloven, brownish-orange hoof.
9. Gogoat is known to have empathic abilities that allow to sense the feelings of whoever grips its horns.
10. It does this by sensing subtle changes to the grip, and this ability is so acute that it can move as if it and its rider were one being.
11. In the wild, Gogoat lives in herds in mountainous regions.
12. The leader of the herd is decided through battles with its horns.
13. Gogoat is the only Pokémon with a base stat total of 531.
14. Gogoat has the highest base HP of all Grass-type Pokémon.
15. In pre-release footage shown in the E3 developer roundtable, Gogoat’s Shiny form was shown. However, in the final release, its Shiny colors were changed drastically.
16. Gogoat is based on a goat, possibly a bharal, dwarf bharal, bilberry, or ibex due to its horns, though they also resemble the horns of various gazelles and antelopes.
17. It is also based on a motorcycle, as it can be ridden and has beach bar-like horns.
18. The grass that grows upon it may originate from Pan or Faunus, gods of nature who are half-goat, half-human.
19. The grass could also be a reference to the traditional yule goat figures in northern Europe made of hay.
20. Gogoat may be derived from go, gōgō (rumbling), and goat.
21. Gogoat debuted in The Journalist from Another Region!, under the ownership of Alexa. In Go, Go Gogoat!, it was revealed that Gogoat was Alexa’s first Pokémon; she caught it after it helped her climb up a cliff to her campsite. This episode also focused on its ability to sense the feelings of an individual who touches its horns.
22. A Gogoat appeared in Thawing an Icy Panic!, under the ownership of Ramos. It reappeared in The Green, Green Grass Types of Home! during a Gym battle against Ash, where it was defeated by Frogadier. Gogoat reappeared again in Rocking Kalos Defenses! and Forming a More Perfect Union!, where it participated in the fight against the Giant Rock.
23. A Gogoat appeared during a flashback in The Legend of X, Y, and Z!, under the ownership of Jan. It was used as his method of transportation.
24. Multiple Gogoat appeared in Kalos, Where Dreams and Adventures Begin!.
25. Multiple Gogoat appeared in Diancie and the Cocoon of Destruction as residents of Allearth Forest.