Andrew Joseph Cohen is an American radio and television talk show host, producer and writer. He is the host and executive producer of the Bravo’s late night talk show, “Watch What Happens Live with Andy Cohen.” Take a look below for 25 more fun and interesting facts about Andrew Cohen.
1. Cohen has a pop culture channel on SiriusXM Radio named Radio Andy.
2. He hosts a two-hour live show with co-host John Hill twice a week.
3. Cohen served as Bravo’s Executive Vice President of Development and Talent until 2013.
4. He was responsible for creating original content, developing innovative formats and identifying new talent.
5. Cohen served as Executive Producer on Emmy and James Beard award-winning reality cooking competition television show, “Top Chef.”
6. He continues to serve as an executive producer of the “Real Housewives” franchise, host of “Watch What Happens Live” on Bravo, host of “Andy Cohen Live” on SiriusXM channel 102, and hosted the television dating show, “Love Connection.”
7. Cohen was born in St. Louis, Missouri, to Evelyn and Lou Cohen.
8. He is Jewish.
9. Cohen graduated from Clayton High School in 1986.
10. As a child, he attended Camp Nebagamon for Boys in Lake Nebagamon, Wisconsin.
11. He is a graduate of Boston University, where he received a Bachelor of Science degree in broadcast journalism.
12. Cohen wrote for the Boston University student newspaper, The Daily Free Pass.
13. He later interned at CBS News alongside Julie Chen, who was also working as an intern.
14. Cohen began his career in television as an intern at CBS News.
15. He spent 10 years at the network, eventually serving as senior producer of “The Early Show,” a producer for “48 Hours” and “CBS This Morning.”
16. He joined the television network Trio in 2000, later becoming vice president of original programming at Bravo in 2004 when the network purchased Trio.
17. Cohen was a regular on “Today” and “Morning Joe” and has co-hosted “Live! with Kelly,” and “The View.”
18. He has made various guest appearances on other talk shows. He has made several guest appearances on television shows playing himself, such as “The Comeback” and “Saturday Night Live.”
19. In the summer of 2009, he began hosting a weekly midnight television talk show, “Watch What Happens Live.”
20. Cohen’s autobiographical memoir “Most Talkative”, released in May 2012, became a New York Times Best Seller in the hardcover, paperback, and combined nonfiction categories.
21. On August 15, 2013, he declined to co-host the Miss Universe pageant in Russia, due to the country’s recent adoption of anti-gay laws.
22. On December 31, 2015, Cohen hosted a one-off live edition of “Hollywood Game Night” and co-hosted “New Year’s Eve with Carson Daly,” for NBC.
23. In 2016, the publisher Henry Holt and Company announced that it was launching the imprint Andy Cohen Books.
24. Cohen is the first openly gay host of an American late-night talk show.
25. In December 2018, he announced that he would become a father in 2019 with the help of a surrogate. On February 4, 2019, Cohen welcome a son.