Weepinbell is a dual type Grass and Poison Pokemon introduced in Generation I. It evolves from Bellsprout starting at level 21 and evolves in to Victreebel when exposed to a Leaf Stone. Take a look below for 25 fun and fascinating facts about Weepinbell.
1. Weepinbell is a plant Pokemon with a yellow, bell-shaped body.
2. Above Weepinbell’s circular eyes are three small green spots and a small, brown hook-shaped stem.
3. It has wide, gaping mouth with pink lips.
4. On each side of its body is a large, green leaf.
5. Weepinbell camouflages itself as a plant in the forest whilst awaiting an unwary victim.
6. When its prey draws near it sprays poison powder to immobilize the target before melting it with its internal acids.
7. It oozes a neutralizing fluid that prevents these internal acids from melting its own body.
8. It will also slice its prey too large to consume into pieces with its razor-sharp leaves.
9. Weepinbell live in temperate forests and jungles where it hangs from tree branches by its stem to sleep.
10. If it moves around during sleep, Weepinbell may slip and awaken to find itself on the ground.
11. Despite learning Leech Life through breeding, Weepinbell and its evolutionary relatives cannot learn it through TM28.
12. Weepinbell and the others in its evolutionary family may be based on carnivorous pitcher plants.
13. Weepinbell may be a combination of weeping and bell (referring to its bell-like shape). A weeping plant is one that droops.
14. Throughout the original series, James had two separate Weepinbell, both of which evolved into Victreebel.
15. A Weepinbell appeared in Pokémon Scent-sation!, under the ownership of Erika. She sent it out against Ash during his Gym battle against her. It battled against Charmander but was soon defeated.
16. A Weepinbell appeared in The Green, Green Grass Types of Home!, under the ownership of Ramos. It was used in a Gym battle against Ash, where it easily defeated Fletchinder and Hawlucha despite being at a type disadvantage against both. However, it lost to Frogadier despite having a type advantage.
17. Weepinbell debuted in The School of Hard Knocks, under the ownership of Joe. He used it against Misty’s Starmie and lost despite a type advantage.
18. A Weepinbell appeared in Bulbasaur and the Hidden Village. It was one of the Pokémon in Melanie’s care. It reappeared in a flashback in Bulbasaur… the Ambassador!.
19. A Weepinbell appeared in Battle Aboard the St. Anne.
20. A Weepinbell appeared in Pokémon Scent-sation! as one of the Pokémon in the Celadon Gym, separate from the one Erika kept as one of her battling Pokémon.
21. Two Weepinbell appeared in Pokémon Fashion Flash as some of the Pokémon seen on Scissor Street.
22. A Weepinbell appeared in A Chansey Operation, where it was one of the injured Pokémon brought to the clinic after getting a Voltorb stuck in its mouth.
23. A Weepinbell appeared in The Breeding Center Secret.
24. A Weepinbell appeared in Pikachu’s Vacation as one of the Pokémon seen at the Pokémon Theme Park.
25. A Valencia Island variant of Weepinbell appeared in Poké Ball Peril.