Flabébé is a Fairy-type Pokémon introduced in Generation VI. It evolves into Floette starting at level 19, which evolves into Florges when exposed to a Shiny Stone. Its flower can come in five different colors. Take a look below for 25 fun and awesome facts about Flabebe.
1. Flabebe is a small Pokemon with a white upper half and green lower half.
2. It has beady eyes, a pink blush mark on each cheek, long, notched ears, and a small, pointed nose.
3. On top of its head are several spheres of pollen that form a crown.
4. It has stubby arms and a tail, but no visible legs.
5. Flabébé is a female-only species with no male counterpart.
6. It is one of the smallest Pokémon in existence: it is tied with Joltik, Cutiefly, Comfey, and Cosmoem as the shortest Pokémon and Gastly, Haunter, Cosmog, and Kartana as the lightest Pokémon.
7. Flabébé is usually seen holding the yellow stigma of a flower, called a “Fairy Flower” in the anime.
8. The flower has three stamens and rounded petals that can be red, yellow, orange, blue, or white.
9. It also has a short green stem with three small leaves.
10. Its crown is made from the flower’s pollen, which has healing properties.
11. Flabébé can control and draw power out of the flower, but is unsafe without it. However, it will continue searching until it finds a flower that it likes.
12. According to Professor Oak’s Pokémon Holo Caster, the White Flower Flabébé is rare and difficult to find.
13. Flabébé is the first original Fairy Pokémon in the National Pokédex, as Clefairy was not a Fairy type between Generation I and Generation V.
14. Flabébé is the only Pokémon with a diacritical mark in its English name.
15. In the Battle Chateau, Baroness Francine’s Flabébé uses the cry of Floette.
16. Flabébé appears to be based on fairies and nymphs, in particular Antheia due to its flower wreath-like “crown” upon its head, as well as possibly Chloris.
17. It may have also been inspired by the concept of insect pollination, considering its small stature and grasp upon the flower’s female organ, the stigma.
18. Flabébé may be a combination of フラワー flower and bébé (French for baby).
19. Yellow Flower Flabébé debuted in Mega Evolution Special I, where Mairin caught it with the aid of her Chespin, Chespie, and nicknamed it Bébé.
20. A Red Flower Flabébé appeared in To Find a Fairy Flower!, under the ownership of Grey. She lost her Fairy Flower, prompting her to attach herself to Bonnie’s hair until she and her friends found a new Fairy Flower.
21. An Orange Flower Flabébé made a cameo appearance in Summer of Discovery!, under the ownership of Shauna. She reappeared in A Showcase Debut!, where she and Bulbasaur were used to help Shauna win the Coumarine City Rookie Class Pokémon Showcase.
22. Red Flower and Orange Flower Flabébé debuted in Kalos, Where Dreams and Adventures Begin!.
23. Multiple Orange Flower, Yellow Flower, and Blue Flower Flabébé appeared in the opening sequence of Diancie and the Cocoon of Destruction. This movie also marked the Blue Flower Flabébé’s debut.
24. Multiple Red Flower, Orange Flower, Yellow Flower, and Blue Flower Flabébé appeared in Facing the Grand Design!, where they were among the Pokémon living near Grace Tower. This episode also marked the main series debuts of the Blue Flower and Yellow Flower Flabébé.
25. A Red Flower Flabébé appeared in A Shocking Grocery Run!, during a fantasy.