Cottonee is a dual type Grass and Fairy Pokemon introduced in Generation V. Prior to Generation VI, it was a pure Grass type Pokemon. It evolves into Whimsicott when exposed to a Sun Stone. Take a look below for 25 fun and awesome facts about Cottonee.
1. Cottonee is a white, circular Pokemon.
2. It has white, puffy sections on the top of its head and its underside.
3. Behind it is a green, star shaped section similar to the area where a plant connects to its produce.
4. It has orange, oval-shaped eyes, and furled, notched leaves on the sides of its body.
5. Cottonee is blown around by the wind because of its lightweight composition.
6. The only circumstance in which it cannot be blown by wind is when it has been soaked by rain, which weighs it down and makes it soggy.
7. Afterwards, this Pokémon will stay under a tree until it dries, so that it may be blown by the wind again.
8. During the mating season, Cottonee blow in the wind in large groups.
9. Its cotton can be used as a defensive mechanism that aids its self-defense.
10. Cottonee and Petilil can be seen as counterparts. They both evolve once using a Sun Stone and share a base stat total of 280. Additionally, Cottonee is exclusive to Black, Black 2, Sun, and Ultra Sun, while Petilil is exclusive to White, White 2, Moon, and Ultra Moon. They also have similar movesets.
11. Cottonee has the lowest base Attack of all Grass-type Pokémon.
12. Cottonee is based on a ball of cotton and two leaves of lamb’s ear, though the way it lets the wind move it is similar to dandelion seeds and clouds. Cottonee also has the appearance of a sheep head.
13. Cottonee may be a corruption of cottony or cottonweed or a combination of cotton and wee (small).
14. Multiple Cottonee debuted in Cottonee in Love!. A male one chased after a female he liked. When he got rejected by her because he was beaten by her easily, Ash and his friends helped him become stronger so he could impress her. They reappeared in a flashback in Explorers of the Hero’s Ruin!.
15. Multiple Cottonee appeared in Mannes’s garden in White—Victini and Zekrom and Black—Victini and Reshiram.
16. A Cottonee appeared in The Club Battle Hearts of Fury: Emolga Versus Sawk!, under the ownership of Antonio. It was seen being knocked out by Dino’s Tranquill during the quarterfinals of the Club Battle tournament.
17. A Cottonee appeared in Lost at the Stamp Rally!, where it was seen performing in a Pokémon Musical show.
18. Multiple Cottonee appeared in brief cameos in A Maractus Musical!, including one in a flashback.
19. Multiple Cottonee appeared in brief cameos in The Four Seasons of Sawsbuck!.
20. Multiple Cottonee appeared in The Lonely Deino!, under the care of a Day Care owner named Bobby.
21. Multiple Cottonee appeared in Stopping the Rage of Legends! Part 1 and Part 2.
22. A Trainer’s Cottonee made a cameo appearance in Cilan Takes Flight!.
23. A Trainer’s Cottonee made a cameo appearance in Climbing the Tower of Success!.
24. A Cottonee appeared in Clash of the Connoisseurs! as a resident of Stonesthrow Town.
25. A Cottonee appeared in a flashback in Piplup, Pansage, and a Meeting of the Times!.