Tranquill is a dual type Normal and Flying Pokemon introduced in Generation V. It evolves from Pidove starting at level 21 and evolves into Unfezant starting at level 32. Take a look below for 24 interesting and awesome facts about Tranquill.
1. Tranquill is an avian Pokemon that is gray with lighter gray and black markings.
2. Its beak and eyes are yellow, and there is dark pink marking above its beak that curves back over the eyes.
3. It has a black tuft of two feathers on its head and a petal-like arrangement of feathers on the nape of its neck.
4. There is a black stripe on each of its light gray, black-tipped wings.
5. Each pink foot has black talons.
6. It possesses a long tail feather that is tipped in black.
7. No matter how far a Tranquill travels, it is always able to return to its Trainer and nest.
8. It is said to live in deep forests, where there is a peaceful place without war.
9. Tranquill is said to have an acute memory.
10. It is often used as partners for delivery workers.
11. Tranquill is the only Pokémon with a base stat total of 358.
12. Judging from its Pokédex entries, Tranquill may be based on a dove, often used as a symbol of peace, and possibly a homing pigeon, a domestic pigeon bred to find its way home over extremely long distances.
13. Its design is similar to that of the greater roadrunner or secretarybird.
14. Tranquill is a combination of tranquil (calm or unstressed) and quill (a feather from the tail of a bird). It also involves quail.
15. During the events of A Venipede Stampede!, Ash’s Pidove evolved into Tranquill after she helped clear a swarm of Venipede out of Castelia City. She later evolved into Unfezant in An Amazing Aerial Battle!.
16. A Tranquill owned by Trip appeared in A Rival Battle for Club Champ!, which was also the species’ debut appearance. It was used in Trip’s 5-on-5 battle against Ash; it battled Tepig and Oshawott, defeating the both of them before losing to Pikachu. It later reappeared in A Venipede Stampede!, where it assisted the effort to clear the swarm of Venipede.
17. A flock of Tranquill appeared in Purrloin: Sweet or Sneaky?. They were angry at Purrloin for stealing their Berries, until he pleaded for forgiveness so that they would save Ash, Iris, Meowth, the other Pokémon, and his Trainer, Misha, from a sand pit.
18. Two Tranquill appeared in Reunion Battles In Nimbasa!, with one under the ownership of Antonio and the other under the ownership of Dino. Antonio used his to advance to the second round in the Club Battle, by defeating Emmanuel and his Scolipede. Dino used his to Antonio’s Cottonee and advance to the third round.
19. Multiple Tranquill appeared in White—Victini and Zekrom and Black—Victini and Reshiram.
20. Multiple Tranquill appeared in Purrloin: Sweet or Sneaky?.
21. Multiple Tranquill made cameo appearances in Stopping the Rage of Legends! Part 1.
22. Two Tranquill made a cameo appearance in Climbing the Tower of Success!, both under the ownership of a Trainer.
23. Multiple Tranquill appeared in Kyurem VS. The Sword of Justice during the Swords of Justice legend.
24. A Trainer’s Tranquill appeared in Curtain Up, Unova League!.