Doduo is a dual type Normal and Flying Pokemon introduced in Generation I. It evolves into Dodrio starting at level 31. Take a look below for 25 awesome and fascinating facts about Doduo.
1. Doduo is a two-headed, bipedal avian Pokemon.
2. Each head has a long sharp beak and two beady black eyes.
3. It has a bristly, down-like covering of brown feathers on its body and both heads.
4. A male has black flexible necks, whereas a female has brown necks; both genders have brown legs.
5. Each foot has four digits ending in a sharp claw.
6. Both heads have an identical brain. However, it is believed that on occasion they may possess different brains.
7. It is also theorized that the two heads communicate with some form of telepathy for coordination.
8. Even when sleeping or nourishing itself with food and water, one head is always awake and alert and keeps a keen eye out for enemies.
9. Due to its almost non-existent wings, it cannot fly very well. However, it has developed legs that make it a powerful runner.
10. Reaching speeds of 60 mph (96.5 km/h), it energetically strides across the plains leaving large 4 inch (10.6 centimeter) deep foot prints behind it.
11. By raising and lowering its two heads, it is better able to maintain balance while running.
12. Doduo lives in wide open plains, grasslands, and savannahs.
13. In the Pokémon Red and Blue beta, Doduo was originally known as “Dodo”, its Japanese name.
14. Before Generation IV, the necks of normal Doduo were black (which became the male neck color), while its evolution’s necks were beige (which became the female neck color).
15. According to its Pokédex entries, Doduo can run at 60 mph (100 km/h), while Dodrio can only run at nearly 40 mph (60 km/h). However, Dodrio’s base Speed stat is higher.
16. Despite its non-existent wings, Doduo and its evolution are capable of learning Steel Wing and Fly.
17. Despite its name, Doduo seems like it has more in common with ostriches than dodos. It also seems to show some similarities to the moa, an extinct flightless bird indigenous to New Zealand; and the emu, another flightless bird. Doduo also resembles the kiwi in some ways as well.
18. Doduo is a combination of dodo (an extinct, flightless bird) and duo (a pair).
19. Doduo debuted in a cameo at Professor Oak’s laboratory in Showdown at the Po-ké Corral, under the ownership of Gary Oak. It eventually evolved into a Dodrio.
20. A Doduo appeared in Bad to the Bone, under the ownership of Otoshi. He used it in an attempt to fight off Team Rocket, but he was failing miserably after Doduo’s two heads started attacking each other. Eventually, Otoshi was forced to recall it.
21. A Doduo appeared in Pikachu’s Vacation as one of the Pokémon seen at the Pokémon Theme Park.
22. A Doduo appeared in Lights, Camera, Quack-tion, as part of the cast for the movie “Pokémon in Love”.
23. A Doduo appeared in The Power of One.
24. A Doduo appeared in Tricks of the Trade as one of the Pokémon seen at the Pokémon Swap Meet in Palmpona.
25. A Doduo appeared in Throwing in the Noctowl as one of the Pokémon seen living at Wings Alexander’s barn.