Ivysaur is a dual-type Grass/Poison Pokemon introduced in Generation I. It evolves from Bulbasaur starting at level 16 and evolves into Venusaur starting at level 32. Take a look below for 24 more awesome and interesting facts about Ivysaur.
1. Ivysaur is a quadruped Pokemon that has blue-green skin with darker patches.
2. On top of its head are pointed ears with black insides and it has narrow red eyes.
3. It has a short, rounded snout with a wide mouth and two pointed teeth in its upper jaw.
4. Each of its feet has three claws on them.
5. The bulb on its back has bloomed into a large pink bud.
6. A short brown trunk surrounded by leafy green fronds supports the bud.
7. The weight of the plant prevents Ivysaur from standing on its hind legs and forces its legs to grow sturdy.
8. When its flower is ready to bloom, it gives off a distinct, strong sweet-smelling aroma and starts swelling.
9. Ivysaur will also start spending more time in sunlight in preparation for its upcoming evolution.
10. Exposure to sunlight adds to the strength of both Ivysaur and its plant. Ivysaur’s natural habitat is plains.
11. May’s Bulbasaur evolved into an Ivysaur sometime after The Right Place and the Right Mime. It further evolved into a Venusaur prior to Pruning a Passel of Pals!.
12. Shauna’s Bulbasaur was revealed to have evolved into an Ivysaur in Tag Team Battle Inspiration!.
13. Multiple Bulbasaur appeared in Bulbasaur’s Mysterious Garden. They were seen evolving into Ivysaur, during which Ash’s Bulbasaur decided that it was too early for it to evolve.
14. A Ivysaur appeared in Friends to the End, under the ownership of Assunta. She used it to battle and defeat Ritchie in the Indigo Plateau Conference.
15. An Ivysaur appeared in Putting the Air Back in Aerodactyl!, under the ownership of Crystal. It was used to attack Butch, Cassidy, and their Pokémon as they were trying to steal an Aerodactyl on Sayda Island. With Ivysaur’s assistance, Aerodactyl was able to send Butch and Cassidy blasting off.
17. In Super Smash Bros., Ivysaur is the only Pokémon that Pokémon Trainer uses that does not use an HM move. Squirtle uses Waterfall, while Charizard uses Rock Smash and Fly.
18. Ivysaur’s numbers in the National Pokédex and the Fiore Browser are the same: 002.
19. Ivysaur is the only second stage Grass/Poison Pokémon that does not require an evolutionary stone to reach its final form.
20. Ivysaur is the only second stage form of Generation I starter Pokémon that evolves at level 32. Charmeleon and Wartortle evolve at level 36.
21. Due to the censor that prevents Pokémon with offensive nicknames being traded on the GTS, an Ivysaur with an English name couldn’t be traded on the GTS without a nickname in Pokemon Black and White prior to the Wi-Fi shutdown.
22. Ivysaur shares its category with Bulbasaur, Venusaur, and Sunkern. They are all known as the Seed Pokémon.
23. Ivysaur’s evolutionary family is based on a frog. Of its evolutionary family, Atsuko Nishida designed Venusaur first and then worked backwards, meaning Ivysaur was also directly based on Venusaur.
24. The bud on its back resembles a Rafflesia flower, and the leaves around the bud resemble palms.