Paul Balthazar Getty is an American actor and musician. He is a member of the band Ringside, the producer-half of rap duo The Wow, and a member of the Getty family. Take a look below for 24 more awesome and fascinating facts about Balthazar Getty.
1. He is known for having played the roles of Ralph in “Lord of the Flies,” his recurring role as Richard Montana in “Charmed,” Thomas Grace on the American action drama “Alias” and Tommy Walker on the American drama “Brothers & Sisters,” the latter two of which have aired on ABC.
2. Getty was born in Tarzana, Los Angeles, and raised in San Francisco before being educated in the United Kingdom at Gordonstoun.
3. His great-grandfather was J. Paul Getty, founder of Getty Oil, and at one time one of the richest men in the world.
4. His grandfather was John Paul Getty, Jr.; his father was John Paul Getty III.
5. His mother, Gisela, is a German-born professional photographer and documentary filmmaker.
6. His parents divorced in 1993.
7. He has a maternal half-sister, Anna.
8. Getty began his acting career at age 14 in 1989. He auditioned for the lead role in the movie “Lord of the Flies” after being spotted by a casting director, Robin Joy Allan, in his art class at school.
9. During the 1990s and early 2000s, he appeared in the films “Young Guns II,” “Natural Born Killers,” “Judge Dredd,” “Mr. Holland’s Opus,” “White Squall,” “Lost Highway,” “Big City Blues,” “The Center of the World,” “Deuces Wild,” “Ladder 49,” “Feast,” and the television miniseries “Traffic. “
10. Getty guest-starred on the television series “Charmed” as Richard Montana, a male witch romantically linked with Paige Matthews.
11. He appeared in the fifth season of the television show “Alias” as Agent Thomas Grace.
12. He starred, alongside Alias costar Ron Rifkin, in the ABC prime time drama “Brothers & Sisters,” which first aired in September 2006.
13. Getty played the role of Thomas “Tommy” Walker, third-born of the five Walker siblings.
14. In late 2008, media reports indicated Getty’s contract as a full-time series regular in “Brothers & Sisters” would not be renewed due, in part, to budgetary and storyline considerations.
15. In the Season 4 premiere, Getty was still listed in the principal cast, but he did not appear.
16. Getty made his return to the series in the sixth episode of Season 4.
17. Although he no longer appeared in every episode, he continued to make appearances on the show until its cancellation.
18. In 2000, Getty married fashion designer Rosetta Millington.
19. They have three daughters: Grace, Violet, and June Catherine, and a son, Cassius Paul.
20. He had a well-publicized affair with English actress Sienna Miller but eventually returned to his wife.
21. Getty is on the board of directors for The Lunchbox Fund, a non-profit organization providing daily meals to township school students in Soweto, South Africa.
22. His father, J. Paul Getty III, was kidnapped while on vacation in 1973. Although his family initially refused to pay the hefty ransom, the kidnappers convinced them to do so by slicing off his right ear and sending it to a newspaper.
23. He fell out of a tree and broke both arms shortly before filming his 1990 breakthrough role in “Lord of the Flies.” His injuries were worked into the movie.
24. He founded the production company called 5150.