Baron Wolfgang von Strucker is a fictional supervillain that appears in American comics books published by Marvel Comics. He’s a former Nazi officer and is one of the leaders of Hydra and an enemy of S.H.I.E.L.D., the Avengers, and the United States. Take a look below for 23 more interesting and bizarre facts about Baron Strucker.
1. Baron Strucker has been physically augmented to be nearly ageless.
2. He has been seemingly killed in the pasty only to return to plague the world with schemes of world domination and genocide.
3. The character has been portrayed by Campbell Lane in the 1998 television movie Nick Fury: Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., and by Thomas Kretschmann in the 2014 movie Captain America: The Winter Soldier and the 2015 movie Avengers: Age of Ultron.
4. The character was crated by Stan Lee and Jack Kirby. He first appeared in Sgt. Fury and his Howling Commandos #5.
5. Baron Strucker was born in the late 19th century to a Prussian noble family who had relocated to Strucker Castle in Bavaria following the Franco-Prussian War.
6. Baron Strucker became a Heidelberg fencing champion and was disfigured by facial scars.
7. He fought for Germany during World War I, during which he first encountered the jewel “Momentary Princess”, which was fated to appear and disappear at regular intervals of time.
8. When Adolf Hitler rose to power in Germany in 1933, Baron Strucker joined the Nazi Party, becoming infamous in the following years.
9. In 1936, Baron Strucker and Geist, one of Hitler’s top men, allied themselves with the Egyptian mentalist Amahl Farouk, who was secretly Shadow King, in an attempt to dispute the lineage of England’s royal family and install a new king who would be sympathetic to the Nazis.
10. Baron Strucker was stopped in Egypt by the Logan and the time-travelling members of Excalibur, Kitty Pryde and Phoenix.
11. In 1937, German Intelligence agent Strucker was sent to the United States to assassinate Senator Fulton, but he was foiled by brigand-for-hire Dominic Fortune.
12. Baron Strucker’s bloodstream has been infected with the fatal deathspore virus which, rather than killing him, grants him an array of superhuman abilities.
13. He has not aged since he contracted the deathspore virus.
14. Baron Strucker is invulnerable to minor injuries like cuts, gunshot wounds and superpowered punches.
15. He’s able to heal at an incredible rate and is possibly also resistant to toxins and disease.
16. Baron Strucker can temporarily release the virus from his body over short distances. Depending on the intensity, he can cause his victims to weaken, feel pain or even die.
17. When Baron Strucker dies, the deathspore virus will be automatically released and take revenge on his killers, and everybody else. The virus seems incapable of killing superhuman or artificially enhanced beings, but is still capable of hurting or weakening them.
18. He’s a masterful combatant, surpassing most in physical skill and prowess.
19. Baron Strucker is a world-class fencer portraying phenomenal skill ability with the rapier, a medieval broadsword, and possibly other weapons used in Medieval Europe.
20. He’s an Olympic level marksman with firearms.
21. Baron Strucker is a strategic and tactical genius, as well as a brilliant planner and organizer. He has an impressive scientific and inventive ability, but not at the level his father had. He’s very skilled in field tactics, close range combat, and even turning the ride of any debate that he’s involved in.
22. While he’s powerful and a brilliant fighter, his superiority complex, and high arrogance is a primary weakness of his. He believes that no one can stand up to his power, which makes him frequently underestimate his enemies.
23. His Satan Claw amplifies his strength and emits powerful electrical shocks. He can also use it to hold knives, plasma blasters, chain guns and teleportation technology.