Sunflora is a Grass type Pokemon introduced in Generation II. It evolves from Sunkern when exposed to a Sun Stone. Take a look below for 23 fun and fascinating facts about Sunflora.
1. Sunflora is a Pokemon with a sunflower like design.
2. Its trunk and limbs are green, and its head is cream-colored.
3. Its head is circular and has yellow petals growing along the rim.
4. The petals become more vivid as the weather becomes warmer.
5. Sunflora has leaves extending like arms from its round body and two toes on each foot.
6. Sunflora converts sunlight into nutrition. Because of this, it tends to pursue sunlight and is always looking in the direction of the sun.
7. While the sun is up, it moves around in a hectic manner.
8. When the sun sets, it comes to a complete stop and closes its petals.
9. In addition to sunlight, Sunflora needs plenty of water.
10. Sunflora is rarely seen in the wild, but can sometimes be found in temperate grassy meadows.
11. Sunflora shares its category name with Espeon and Volcarona. They are all known as the Sun Pokémon.
12. Sunflora is Meowth‘s most frequently used Pokémon disguise in the anime, having been used seven times so far.
13. Sunflora is based on a sunflower.
14. Sunflora is a combination of sun and flora (plant life). It is also reminiscent of sunflower.
15. A Sunflora from Wigglytuff’s Guild traveled along with the new Exploration Team Poképals for their first mission in Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Time & Darkness. It reappeared in Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky – Beyond Time & Darkness.
16. Multiple Sunflora debuted in Grin to Win!, when the citizens of Bloomingvale held their annual Sunflora Festival. Some of the Sunflora, all of them with nicknames, appeared under the ownership of Sonrisa and Cyrus.
17. Multiple Sunflora appeared in Moving Pictures, including one that evolved from a Sunkern. Sophia and Marcello took pictures of them every year on their golden anniversary.
18. A Sunflora debuted in A Secret Sphere of Influence!, under the ownership of Nando. It fled after Nando was accused of stealing the Adamant Orb. It later proved Nando’s innocence by tracking down Team Rocket, who were the ones behind the theft of the orb. It reappeared in Dawn’s Early Night! during the Hearthome City Contest, followed by a brief appearance in Coming Full-Festival Circle!, where it helped Nando get to the semifinals alongside Kricketune and Roserade in another battle.
19. Multiple Sunflora appeared in Three Sides to Every Story! as coworkers of Lulu’s. They helped her tend the garden.
20. Multiple Sunflora appeared in There’s a New Gym Leader in Town!. They were all scared off by Ash when he discovered one camouflaging itself in a field of sunflowers at Cheren’s Trainers’ School.
21. Multiple Sunflora appeared in Thawing an Icy Panic! as residents of Ramos’s ranch. They were used by Ramos to stop the snowstorm created by Vanillish and Vanilluxe.
22. A Sunflora appeared in Tricks of the Trade as one of the Pokémon seen at the Pokémon Swap Meet in Palmpona.
23. A Sunflora appeared in Pikachu & Pichu as a resident of Big Town.