Sliggoo is a Dragon-type Pokémon introduced in Generation VI. It evolves from Goomy starting at level 40 and evolves into Goodra starting at level 50 when leveled up during rain (or fog in Generation VII) in the overworld. Rain instigated by Rain Dance, Drizzle, or Primordial Sea will not trigger this evolution. Take a look below for 23 amazing and fascinating facts about Sliggoo.
1. Sliggoo is a Pokemon that resembles a snail.
2. The lower half of its body is light purple, while the upper half is a paler purple.
3. It has featureless, green eyes, a single, tiny eyelash over each eye, and two pale green spots on each cheek.
4. It has nubby, underdeveloped arms.
5. On top of its head are two pairs of antenna-like horns; the front horns are small nubs, while the hind horns are considerably longer.
6. Its gelatinous body forms a spiral shell-like structure on its back.
7. Contained within the shell are its brain and other organs.
8. Sliggoo excretes and coats its body with a sticky mucous that can dissolve anything.
9. Because it lacks teeth, it sprays this liquid onto prey and slurps them up once they are dissolved.
10. Since its slime can melt through anything, predators stay far away from it.
11. Its eyes have devolved, causing it to go blind.
12. This makes it difficult for it to tell allies from prey and it will sometimes attempt to melt its companions.
13. Its four horns act as a radar system and are used to detect sounds and smells.
14. Sliggoo only cares about food and will flee from its enemies whenever possible.
15. Sliggoo was designed by Saya Tsuruta.
16. Sliggoo seems based on soft bodied gastropods such as slugs, nudibranch, and semi-slugs.
17. Its snail origins as well as its Dragon typing and elongated body shape may mean it could also be based on the Lou Carcolh, a mythical serpent/mollusk creature from French folklore.
18. It may also be based upon the concept of “living slime” in popular culture.
19. Sliggoo may be a combination of slick, slither, slippery, slimy, or slug, and goo.
20. Ash’s Goomy evolved into a Sliggoo in An Oasis of Hope!. Sliggoo later evolved into a Goodra during Good Friends, Great Training!, when it helped put out a big fire with Rain Dance.
21. A Trainer’s Sliggoo appeared in Settling the Scorbunny!.
22. In the X & Y chapter, a Team Flare Grunt used a Sliggoo to trap Y while she was playing the Berry Picker game with her newly-caught Eevee. Eevee paid off Y’s efforts to befriend it, by evolving into a Sylveon and defeating the Sliggoo with Draining Kiss.
23. A Sliggoo appeared in a flashback in Charizard Transforms.