Amaura is a dual-type Rock/Ice Fossil Pokémon introduced in Generation VI. It is resurrected from a Sail Fossil and evolves into Aurorus when leveled up at night starting at level 39. Take a look below for 22 interesting and amazing facts about Amaura.
1. Amaura is a quadruped, dinosaurian Pokemon that resembles a sauropod.
2. It is light blue with a white underbelly.
3. It has a long neck, a short, stubby tail, and a single white claw on each hind foot.
4. Above each of its large, deep blue eyes is an iridescent, sail-like structure.
5. Typically, the sails are yellow at the bottom and fade into pink toward the tips.
6. On each side of its body is a dark blue crystal.
7. Pokémon-Amie has demonstrated that its sails can change color with its mood and the crystals on its sides permanently remain at freezing temperatures.
8. Amaura is a calm Pokémon that lived over 100 million years ago.
9. It lived in a cold land to avoid predators such as Tyrantrum.
10. Despite its restoration, it is not expected to live long in the heat of current climates.
11. As seen in the anime, it can create auroras.
12. No other Pokémon has the same type combination as Amaura and its evolution.
13. Amaura and its evolution were designed by Hitoshi Ariga.
14. Amaura is based on a young sauropod dinosaur.
15. It bears a strong resemblance to Amargasaurus, which were speculated to have skin sail extensions on their vertebral spines.
16. It also shares traits with various species of Diplodocoidea.
17. The color-changing sails upon its head are also based on auroras, most likely aurora borealis due to it being Ice-type.
18. Amaura may be a contraction of Amargasaurus combined with aurora.
19. Amaura debuted in Coming Back into the Cold! alongside its evolved form. Both Pokémon were brought back to life after being found frozen in ice. Amaura was captured by Team Rocket and had to be brought back to the Ambrette Town Fossil Laboratory before it was too late. The same Amaura reappeared in a newspaper in To Find a Fairy Flower!.
20. An Amaura appeared in Pikachu, What’s This Key?. It was a resident of a world full of ice and snow, which was accessed by Pikachu and his friends, courtesy of Klefki’s keys.
21. An Amaura appeared in Volcanion and the Mechanical Marvel. It was injured when a Pokémon Hunter tried to capture it, but it was rescued by Volcanion and taken to the Nebel Plateau, where it recovered.
22. An Amaura appeared in the manga adaptation of Volcanion and the Mechanical Marvel as a resident of the Nebel Plateau.