Elizabeth Debicki, born August 24, 1990, is a French Australian actress. After making her feature film debut in A Few Best Men, she appeared in The Great Gatsby, for which she won the AACTA Award for Best Actress in a Supporting Role, and starred in the Sydney Theater Company production of The Maids with Cate Blanchett and Isabelle Huppert. Take a look below for 21 more interesting and awesome facts about Elizabeth Debicki.
1. Debicki was born in Paris, France, to a Polish father and an Australian mother of Irish descent.
2. Her parents were both ballet dancers.
3. When she was five years old, the family moved to one of Melbourne, Australia’s prestigious suburbs, Glen Waverley.
4. The eldest of three children, Debicki has a younger sister and a brother.
5. Debicki became interested in ballet at an early age and trained as a dancer until deciding to switch to theater.
6. A student at Huntingtower School in eastern Melbourne, she achieved two perfect study scores in Drama and English and was the school’s dux when she graduated in 2007.
7. In 2010, she completed a degree in drama at the University of Melbourne’s Victorian College of the Arts.
8. In August 2009, she was the recipient of a Richard Pratt Bursary for outstanding acting students in their second year of training.
9. Debicki made her film debut with a brief appearance in the 2011 movie A Few Best Man.
10. In May 2011, Baz Luhrmann announced that Debicki had been cast as Jordan Baker in his 2013 movie The Great Gatsby.
11. In December 2012, Debicki was the subject of a photo shoot for Vogue Australia.
12. From her role in The Maids, Debicki won the newcomer award at the Sydney Theater Awards.
13. She appeared in a 13 minute short film, Godel, Incomplete, and appeared as a guest star in the third season of the Australian television series Rake.
14. She played the villain in the Guy Ritchie directed movie adaption of The Man from U.N.C.L.E.
15. She learned to drive on the set of The Man from U.N.C.L.E.
16. In 2015, Debicki had supporting role sin Justin Kurzel’s adaption of Macbeth and Everest.
17. Debicki played the lead in an eight hour television series, The Kettering Incident, and a supporting role, Jed, in the miniseries The Night Manager.
18. She was cast in the movie The Tale.
19. In May 2017, she portrayed the role of Ayesha, the leader of the Sovereign people in the Marvel Cinematic Universe movie Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2.
20. Debicki appeared in the movie The Cloverfield Paradox as Mina Jensen.
21. As a child, she was obsessed with Captain Planet and the Planeteers so she developed into one of the characters and told everyone that she was the character.