Crystal Hefner is an American model and television personality. She was the Playboy Playmate of the Month for December 2009, and is the widow and third wife of Playboy publisher Hugh Hefner from December 31, 2012, until his death on September 27, 2017. Take a look below for 20 more fun and interesting facts about Crystal Hefner.
1. Harris was first exposed to the entertainment industry through her late father, Ray Harris, who was a singer and songwriter, and she majored in psychology at San Diego State University.
2. She appeared as “Co-ed of the Week” on Playboy.com magazine during the week of October 30, 2008, under the name Crystal Carter.
3. Beginning in late 2009, Harris appeared in one of the seasons of E!’s The Girls Next Door reality show.
4. In April 2010, Harris signed a recording contract with Organica Music Group, a division of Universal Music Group, managed by record producer Michael Blakey.
5. In 2012, Harris co-designed a range of swimwear with Australian designer and owner of Veve Glamor Swimwear, Vanessa Bryce.
6. Then in 2014, she announced a line of “intimates, athleisure and loungewear” that was co-designed with Rhonda Shear to be sold through her website.
7. In January 2009, Crystal started dating Hugh Hefner, who was 60 years her senior.
8. She joined the Shannon twins after his previous “number one girlfriend”, Holly Madison, had ended their 7-year relationship.
9. On December 24, 2010, she became engaged to Hefner, to become his third wife.
10. Harris broke off their engagement on June 14, 2011, five days before their planned wedding.
11. In anticipation of the wedding, the July issue of Playboy, which reached store shelves and customers’ homes within days of the wedding date, featured Harris on the cover and in a photo spread, as well.
12. The headline on the cover read “America’s Princess, Introducing Mrs. Crystal Hefner.”
13. Hefner and Harris subsequently reconciled and married on December 31, 2012.
14. She remained married to Hefner until his death on September 27, 2017.
15. In 2016, Harris announced on her social media outlets that she had been diagnosed with Lyme disease and toxic mold before finding her symptoms were also due to “breast implant illness”.
16. Hefner stated that she experienced “brain fog” and “chronic fatigue” due to the implants, but had them removed, which alleviated some of the symptoms.
17. After her birth, Crystal’s family moved to England before relocating back to the United States and settling in California where she spent most of her teen years.
18. She has two sisters.
19. She is of English ethnicity and holds dual citizenship, American and British.
20. She went to La Jolla High School.