Mareanie is a dual-type Poison/Water Pokémon introduced in Generation VII. It evolves into Toxapex starting at level 38. Take a look below for 19 interesting and amazing facts about Mareanie.
1. Mareanie has a purple, stalk like body and head.
2. It has blue eyes with yellow pupils and sclerae, and three pointed teeth.
3. The body consists of two sections; the top section is slightly smaller and overlaps the lower.
4. On top of its head is a starfish-like collection of ten tentacles.
5. All of the tentacles reach the ground, except for the one directly in front, which is shorter and leaves its face exposed.
6. The tentacles are light blue and covered in purple spines.
7. On top of its head is a purple area with a collection of spikes with a larger, yellow spine in the center.
8. Mareanie is able to regenerate any body part overnight, except its head.
9. Bruxish feeds on Mareanie, which in turn eats the branches of Corsola – except in Galar, where it has not yet learnt about eating them.
10. It uses the spike on top of its head to poison its prey and uses its tentacles to either trap its prey or deal the final blow.
11. In the anime, it has also been seen attaching itself with all of its tentacles and releasing poison through its spines.
12. Mareanie’s evolution into Toxapex also has the greatest standard deviation of all Pokémon, with 45.72, meaning that the changes to its base stats on evolving are the most uneven of all Pokémon.
13. When encountered in an SOS Battle as an ally called by Corsola, it will attack the wild Corsola instead of attacking the player’s Pokémon.
14. Mareanie appears to be based on a crown-of-thorns starfish, a venomous starfish which preys on coral polyps (similar to how Mareanie preys on Corsola).
15. Mareanie may be a combination of marine and meanie.
16. A female Mareanie debuted in The Sun, the Scare, the Secret Lair!, where she was caught by James. She has a very strong affection for James.
17. A differently colored Mareanie appeared in Fighting Back the Tears!, where he evolved into a Toxapex. He used to have a crush on James’s Mareanie. This one has purple tentacles, and green irises, which gives it a slight resemblance to James.
18. Multiple Mareanie debuted in The Sun, the Scare, the Secret Lair!, where they scared off a group of Corsola that Ash was hoping to catch. Kiawe warned Ash that they were dangerous, causing them to flee.
19. Mareanie debuts in The Party Crasher and Guzma the Destroyer, where one appears under the ownership of Moon.