Were you born between the 23rd of July and the 22nd of August? According to the zodiac, you will identify as Leo, the lion sign. As with the other signs of the zodiac, Leos are said to possess specific traits, strengths, and weaknesses. While many might feel that astrology is guesswork, it’s always interesting to think about some of the similarities and traits that we share with our horoscopes and zodiac profiles! Take a look below for 16 awesome and interesting facts about the star sign Leo.
1. Leos tend to be very loyal, headstrong people. They will protect the people they love and are seen as symbols of power in the main zodiac.
2. Leos are thought to be great at picking up on discreet clues and touches in people’s behaviours. Therefore, a Leo is supposedly a naturally intuitive listener.
3. Leo is ruled by the Sun, which means that it is an energetic, experienced sign, concerned with matters of dignity and authority.
4. Famous Leos include former US President Barack Obama, and actors Arnold Schwarzenegger, Daniel Radcliffe, and Sandra Bullock.
5. Leos are thought to love possessions and items – they are proud of the things they have access to, and the things they earn through hard work.
6. Leo has many lucky numbers. The main three you’ll need to look for, on the whole, are 1, 4 and 6. Plenty to pick from when you do the Lotto, then!
7. It’s never a good idea to try and provoke a Leo – they are known for their sharp personalities should they come to dislike others. Therefore, it pays well to get on the good side of a Leo, and if you do happen to aggravate them, tread carefully!
8. Leos are unafraid to tell you how they feel, and to let others know what they think. This can lead to plenty of confrontations. One of the negative sides to a Leo personality is the fact that many will believe that their way is the best way – and that they should take control and charge. This is thanks to the leadership and authority side of the sign.
9. The main star stone for Leo is the ruby.
10. Leos love the finer things in life and will likely do what it takes to achieve the best out of life. However, this doesn’t mean that they don’t care for those around them!
11. Leos, however, dislike people holding them back. They strongly dislike meanness and strict money measurement. In fact, a Leo is thought to be one of the most generous signs in the whole of the zodiac.
12. Leos are thought to be full of energy, and many people might find it hard to keep up to them. However, they are extremely friendly, and will not often be quick to make assumptions.
13. A Leo is likely to be keeping busy in all that they do. They will always be working towards a major goal. The adage ‘work hard, play hard’ is likely to apply to many Leos, particularly if it means they get to relax in luxury surroundings at the end of it all.
14. It’s thought that a Leo will tend to build up a large ego. This might not appeal to all Leos, however, as they are proud people, they can be difficult to reach through constructive criticism. Some Leos will have a hard time taking on any critique, meaning that they will need to learn how to adapt to this as they progress through life.
15. Leos are thought to fall prey to stress due to their constant pursuit of the best things in life, and their constant need to be busy. They need to have an end goal and an adventure in place – or life is hardly worth living to them!
16. While a Leo is likely to be a very strong and proud person, they often go misunderstood. As they can be outspoken and determined, some people may assume that they are merely full of bluster. However, Leos are very talented and think carefully about other people.