Premier League Football is the most followed football in the world. Want to learn some interesting facts about The Premier League? Take a look below for 15 fun and awesome facts about the Premier League.
1. The competition ‘Premier League’ only began on the 20th February 1992. However, the top tier was founded in 1888.
2. Just 20 clubs belong in the top tier as of the 2020/2021 season which are: Arsenal, Aston Villa, Brighton and Hove Albion, Burnley, Chelsea, Crystal Palace, Everton, Fulham, Leeds United, Leicester City, Liverpool, Manchester City, Manchester United, Newcastle United, Sheffield United, Southampton, Tottenham Hotspur, West Bromich Albion, West Ham United & Wolverhampton Wanderers.
3. Man United have won the Premier League title the most times with an incredible 13 times. However in all time top tier football – Man United are still on top with 20 titles.
4. Alan Shearer holds the Premier League goalscoring record with the most goals scored with 283.
5. Manchester United’s Old Trafford is the biggest stadium in the league with a capacity for over 70,000 people.
6. The biggest away win in the Premier League was by Leicester against Southampton, winning 9-0 on 25th October 2019.
7. Manchester City holds the record for the most points in a season with a whopping 100 in 2017/18.
8. Arsenal are the only team to not have lost a game in a single season (2003/04). This team is known as ‘The Unbeatables’.
9. The most goals scored in a season is by Manchester City who scored 106 goals in 2017/18.
10. Shane Long scored the fastest goal in Premier League history, netting after just 7.69 seconds against Watford in April.
11. The youngest player to play a game in the Premier League is Liverpool’s Harvey Elliott at 16 years and 30 days, making his debut against Wolves when he played for Fulham.
12. Conversely, the oldest player to have played a game is goalkeeper John Burridge, who was 43 years 162 days when he played for Manchester City again Newcastle on April 29th 1995.
13. Since the Premier League was founded, Everton have lost the most Premier League matches with 371.
14. The fastest hat-trick was scored by Sadio Mane, who netted 3 times in 178 seconds for Southampton against Aston Villa on May 16, 2015.
15. Ryan Giggs has been substituted 134 times, which is more than any other player.