Bradbury is a city in the San Gabriel Valley region of Los Angeles County, California, United States. Take a look below for 15 amazing and awesome facts about Bradbury, California, United States.
1. It is located in the foothills of the San Gabriel Mountains below Angeles National Forest.
2. Bradbury is bordered by the city of Monrovia to the west and south, and Duarte to the south and east.
3. The population was 1,048 at the 2010 census, up from 855 at the 2000 census.
4. The city has three distinct areas—the Bradbury Estates, which is a gated community consisting of 5-acre (20,000 m2) minimum estates; Woodlyn Lane, which is also a gated community with minimum 2-acre (8,100 m2) lots; and the balance of the city, which is not gated, which has lots generally ranging in size from 7,500 square feet (700 m2) to 1-acre (4,000 m2).
5. A significant portion of the properties in Bradbury Estates and Woodlyn Lane are zoned for horses, and several horse ranches still exist within these communities today.
6. Bradbury was founded by Lewis Leonard Bradbury on the homestead of Rancho Azusa de Duarte in 1881.
7. In 1912 the Bradburys’ daughter, Minerva, married Isaac Polk and built a grand mansion on the property which they named Chateau Bradbury.
8. After years of annexation attempts by the city of Monrovia, Bradbury incorporated in 1957.
9. In September 2010, Forbes magazine placed the ZIP code of 91008 at #1 on its annual list of America’s most expensive ZIP codes; this contains Bradbury.
10. Since 2010, Bradbury has fallen from the list but continues to be one of the most expensive ZIP codes in America with home sales decreasing and market listing prices increasing.
11. Bradbury is located at 34°8′58″N 117°58′28″W (34.149306, -117.974319).
12. According to the United States Census Bureau, the city has a total area of 2.0 square miles (5.2 km2), over 99% of it land.
13. Bradbury and Duarte are both served by the Duarte Unified School District.
14. In the California State Legislature, Bradbury is in the 25th Senate District, represented by Democrat Anthony Portantino, and in the 48th Assembly District, represented by Democrat Blanca Rubio.
15. In the United States House of Representatives, Bradbury is in California’s 27th congressional district, represented by Democrat Judy Chu.