Grapploct is a Fighting-type Pokémon introduced in Generation VIII. It evolves from Clobbopus when leveled up while knowing Taunt. Take a look below for 14 interesting and amazing facts about Grapploct.
1. Grapploct is a blue, amphibious, octopus like Pokemon with a yellow jagged eyemask like marking, suckers and what appears to be a breathing organ on the side of its head, which can also be used to squirt out ink and perform special moves.
2. It has a dark blue underside and cyan eyes.
3. Four of its eight tentacles act as arms, three act as legs and one is wrapped round its waist.
4. Its mouth is hidden under the bottom flap of its head.
5. With a body made of pure muscle, it gives it very powerful grip strength.
6. It enjoys fighting opponents, and moves onto the land to fight them, before returning to its ocean home.
7. It prefers to live in arctic waters.
8. Golisopod is the natural predator or prey of Grapploct depending on who wins the fight.
9. Grapploct is the only known Pokémon capable of learning the move Octolock.
10. Grapploct and its pre-evolution are the only Pokémon that are in the Water 1 and Human-Like Egg Groups.
11. Grapploct appears to be based on an octopus with jujutsu fighter motifs.
12. Its face design appears to be based on a wrestling mask, while the tentacle around its waist resembles a martial artist’s belt.
13. It may also reference octopus wrestling practices popular on the West Coast of the United States during the 1960s, which involved a diver grappling with a large octopus in shallow water and dragging it to the surface.
14. Grapploct may be a combination of grapple, octopus, and locked.