Wasco is a city in Sherman County, Oregon, United States. Take a look below for 10 interesting and fascinating facts about Wasco, Oregon, United States.
1. The population was 410 at the 2010 census.
2. According to the United States Census Bureau, the city has a total area of 1.00 square mile (2.59 km2), all land.
3. Wascoite, a type of white clay-based mineral found near Biggs jasper, is locally named for Wasco.
4. This region experiences warm (but not hot) and dry summers, with no average monthly temperatures above 71.6 °F.
5. According to the Köppen Climate Classification system, Wasco has a warm-summer Mediterranean climate, abbreviated “Csb” on climate maps.
6. As of the census of 2010, there were 410 people, 182 households, and 111 families living in the city. The population density was 410.0 inhabitants per square mile (158.3/km2). There were 208 housing units at an average density of 208.0 per square mile (80.3/km2).
7. The racial makeup of the city was 95.6% White, 0.5% African American, 0.7% Native American, 0.2% Asian, 0.2% Pacific Islander, 1.5% from other races, and 1.2% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino people of any race were 2.0% of the population.
8. There were 182 households, of which 20.3% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 49.5% were married couples living together, 8.2% had a female householder with no husband present, 3.3% had a male householder with no wife present, and 39.0% were non-families. 31.3% of all households were made up of individuals, and 13.1% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older.
9. The average household size was 2.25 and the average family size was 2.80.
10. The median age in the city was 50.2 years. 18% of residents were under the age of 18; 7.9% were between the ages of 18 and 24; 18.3% were from 25 to 44; 31.9% were from 45 to 64; and 23.9% were 65 years of age or older. The gender makeup of the city was 51.5% male and 48.5% female.