Elmer City is a town in Okanogan County, Washington, United States. Take a look below for 10 fun and fascinating facts about Elmer City, Washington, United States.
1. The population was 238 at the 2010 census.
2. Elmer City was officially incorporated on April 17, 1947, and is located on the Colville Indian Reservation.
3. Elmer City is located at 47°59′54″N 118°57′13″W (47.998309, -118.953486).
4. According to the United States Census Bureau, the town has a total area of 0.21 square miles (0.54 km2), all of it land.
5. At the 2010 census, there were 238 people, 99 households and 64 families living in the town.
6. The population density was 1,133.3 inhabitants per square mile (437.6/km2).
7. There were 112 housing units at an average density of 533.3 per square mile (205.9/km2).
8. The racial makeup of the town was 47.9% White, 0.8% African American, 28.6% Native American, 2.1% Asian, 2.1% from other races, and 18.5% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 3.4% of the population.
9. There were 99 households, of which 24.2% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 44.4% were married couples living together, 14.1% had a female householder with no husband present, 6.1% had a male householder with no wife present, and 35.4% were non-families. 28.3% of all households were made up of individuals, and 10.2% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 2.40 and the average family size was 2.92.
10. The median age in the town was 47.8 years. 18.5% of residents were under the age of 18; 9.6% were between the ages of 18 and 24; 18.8% were from 25 to 44; 29.9% were from 45 to 64; and 23.1% were 65 years of age or older. The gender makeup of the town was 48.3% male and 51.7% female.