Endicott is a town in Whitman County, Washington, United States. The population was 289 at the 2010 census. Take a look below for 10 fun and amazing facts about Endicott, Washington, United States.
1. Endicott was platted in 1882 and named for William Endicott Jr of the Oregon Improvement Company.
2. Endicott was officially incorporated on February 11, 1905.
3. The population of Endicott peaked in 1920, and has decreased since.
4. This was caused by improved farm technology, allowing more area to be farmed by the same number of people.
5. The decrease in population has affected the economy of the town: in the 1950s, the town had numerous stores; in 2011, the town has only a grocery store, a post office and a service station.
6. The Endicott High School was closed in 1987: the class of 1986 only had one student.
7. The elementary school is still operational.
8. Endicott is located at 46°55′44″N 117°41′10″W (46.928761, -117.686030).
9. According to the United States Census Bureau, the town has a total area of 0.29 square miles (0.75 km2), all of it land.
10. As of the census of 2010, there were 289 people, 141 households, and 77 families living in the town. The population density was 996.6 inhabitants per square mile (384.8/km2). There were 165 housing units at an average density of 569.0 per square mile (219.7/km2).
11. The racial makeup of the town was 96.2% White, 3.1% Native American, and 0.7% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 1.7% of the population.
12. There were 141 households, of which 18.4% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 41.8% were married couples living together, 9.2% had a female householder with no husband present, 3.5% had a male householder with no wife present, and 45.4% were non-families.
13. 43.3% of all households were made up of individuals, and 17.7% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 2.05 and the average family size was 2.81.
14. The median age in the town was 51 years. 19% of residents were under the age of 18; 4.8% were between the ages of 18 and 24; 15.6% were from 25 to 44; 39.8% were from 45 to 64; and 20.8% were 65 years of age or older.
15. The gender makeup of the town was 47.4% male and 52.6% female.