Hughson is a city in Stanislaus County, California, United States. Take a look below for 10 fun and awesome facts about Hughson, California, United States.
1. It is part of the Modesto Metropolitan Statistical Area.
2. The population was 7,481 at the 2020 census, up from 6,640 at the 2010 census.
3. Hughson is surrounded by orchards and has been a long-time farming community.
4. Initially, it was known for its enormous production of peaches, which garnered the area the title “The Peach Capital of the World”.
5. Peaches are no longer the primary crop in the area and have been replaced for the most part by almond trees.
6. Almond production in the area is one of the largest in the world.
7. The crops grown in Hughson include almonds, peaches, walnuts, nectarines, cherries, apples, and the occasional vineyard.
8. In recent years, many orchards have been torn down due to development.
9. In the California State Legislature, Hughson is in the 8th Senate District, represented by Republican Andreas Borgeas, and in the 12th Assembly District, represented by Republican Heath Flora.
10. In the United States House of Representatives, Hughson is in California’s 10th congressional district, represented by Democrat Josh Harder.