Spangle is a city in Spokane County, Washington, United States. The population was 278 at the 2010 census. Take a look below for 10 awesome and fun facts about Spangle, Washington, United States.
1. The name comes from William Spangle, an early pioneer.
2. Spangle was first settled in 1872 by William Spangle.
3. The townsite was platted in 1879.
4. It was incorporated in 1888.
5. Spangle is located at 47°25′50″N 117°22′37″W (47.430641, -117.377083).
6. According to the United States Census Bureau, the city has a total area of 0.36 square miles (0.93 km2), all of it land.
7. Spangle is south of Spokane along US Route 195, an important north–south highway.
8. The highway used to run through town, however a re-alignment of 195 by-passed it and several other small towns. The old highway is still open between Spangle and Rosalia, 14 miles (23 km) to the south, offering an alternate route.
9. There were 118 households, of which 30.5% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 49.2% were married couples living together, 5.1% had a female householder with no husband present, 8.5% had a male householder with no wife present, and 37.3% were non-families. 30.5% of all households were made up of individuals, and 12.7% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 2.36 and the average family size was 2.97.
10. The median age in the city was 40.8 years. 21.9% of residents were under the age of 18; 9.4% were between the ages of 18 and 24; 24.2% were from 25 to 44; 24.8% were from 45 to 64; and 19.8% were 65 years of age or older. The gender makeup of the city was 51.1% male and 48.9% female.