Naches is a town in Yakima County, Washington, United States. Take a look below for 10 awesome and amazing facts about Naches, Washington, United States.
1. The population was 795 individuals at the 2010 census.
2. Naches’ economy is based mainly on timber and agriculture, known for its large production of apples, cherries, pears and various other fruits.
3. Naches is located at 46°43′45″N 120°41′57″W (46.729133, -120.699191).
4. According to the United States Census Bureau, the town has a total area of 0.69 square miles (1.79 km2), all of it land.
5. Naches is located in the Naches Valley of the Naches River.
6. Naches has a semi-arid climate (Bsk) with hot summers coupled with cool nights and moderately cold winters.
7. As of the census of 2010, there were 795 people, 317 households, and 225 families living in the town. The population density was 1,152.2 inhabitants per square mile (444.9/km2). There were 346 housing units at an average density of 501.4 per square mile (193.6/km2).
8. The racial makeup of the town was 92.8% White, 0.6% African American, 1.5% Native American, 3.3% from other races, and 1.8% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 8.3% of the population.
9. There were 317 households, of which 37.9% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 45.7% were married couples living together, 16.4% had a female householder with no husband present, 8.8% had a male householder with no wife present, and 29.0% were non-families. 23.7% of all households were made up of individuals, and 9.2% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 2.51 and the average family size was 2.88.
10. The median age in the town was 37.4 years. 26.3% of residents were under the age of 18; 9.1% were between the ages of 18 and 24; 24.7% were from 25 to 44; 27.3% were from 45 to 64; and 12.6% were 65 years of age or older. The gender makeup of the town was 49.6% male and 50.4% female.