Appleton (2016 Population 574) is a town in the northeastern part of Newfoundland in the province of Newfoundland and Labrador, Canada. Take a look below for 5 awesome and fun facts about Appleton, Newfoundland and Labrador, Canada.
1. It is located in Division No. 6, on Gander Lake, south east of Glenwood. Appleton was incorporated on February 27, 1962.
2. On January 27, 1962, a public meeting was held at the Appleton Community School for the purpose of organizing the community under the Community Councils Act.
3. Mr. William B. Temple acted as Chairman and Lewis C. Little acted as Secretary.
4. There were thirty-seven voters in attendance.
5. It was voted that there would be five members on the Appleton Community Council.