Users all over the world enjoy creating videos backed by TikTok memes, TikTok flowers music, and related sound clips. The parental insecurities and government concerns aside, TikTok’s popularity seems to be growing even faster than some of the most established social media Apps. Take a look below for 30 fun and interesting facts about TikTok.
1. Contrary to Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest, YouTube, and all the other big players, TikTok is not U.S. based.
2. In 2016, TikTok started as a Chinese project called Douyin, which is still the Chinese name of the app.
3. TikTok is still owned by a huge Chinese tech giant called Bytedance. So, if you’ve come across an article stating that the U.S is trying to ban TikTok, now you know why they work so hard to do so.
4. The U.S. does its best to prevent a Chinese social media platform from growing and scaling globally.
5. Bytedance was founded in 2012 in China and is now the world’s most valuable start-up with a valuation of over $75 billion.
6. In November 2019, Sensor Tower reported that TikTok already surpassed 1.5 billion app downloads worldwide.
7. The popularity of TikTok is growing rapidly at the moment.
8. With more than 800 million active users and more than 1.5 billion downloads, TikTok is running towards the top, on the list of the most popular social media apps.
9. Once TikTok passed the one billion mark of app downloads, Facebook and other big players started to pay close attention to the rising star.
10. Even though TikTok started gaining its popularity in China, the biggest growth occurred once it crossed the Chinese border.
11. In 2018 and 2019, TikTok started becoming more and more popular in the USA, as well as in Europe.
12. In the U.S. alone, already more than 30 million people are actively using TikTok, and the number is increasing at an incredibly quick rate.
13. Today, it is available in more than 150 countries around the world, which provides the possibility of further development.
14. Moreover, TikTok supports 75 languages, which of course makes it easier for the clients to use it.
15. Even if TikTok holds massive potential for covering people across various continents and age groups, the current majority on the platform is still a young one.
16. Compared to other social platforms, TikTok has the youngest user base.
17. Almost 70% of TikTok users are between 16 to 24 years old, which means that only 30% are 25+ years old.
18. While most people ignore TikTok because of the demographics, that’s actually why you should pay such close attention to it.
19. The platform allows users to edit, share, and comment on short videos ranging from 3 to 15 seconds.
20. TikTok is not only about funny videos with sound effects but holds up so much more potential.
21. While the easy creation of fancy videos is what makes the platform so unique, older generations find it hard to understand all the features.
22. The average TikTok user spends more than 50 minutes per day on the app.
23. TikTok is exceptionally addictive, and heavy users are spending several hours per day watching the short videos.
24. The founders of the app considered everything possible to make people stay on the app. And they succeeded.
25. Compared to other platforms, the activity level on TikTok is really high.
26. About 34 % of all users publish at least one video per day.
27. Similar to any other social platform, you will grow your audience by posting regularly. That’s what a third of the users understand and put into practice.
28. TikTok gives its users an exceptional organic reach. Even with no followers, your posting can go viral and reach millions.
29. The TikTok algorithm is exceptionally sharp and delivers what people want to see.
30. If users like your content, you will experience strong growth in a short time.