Anna Cooke Kendrick is an American actress and singer. She began her career as a child actress in theater productions. Her first starring role was in the 1998 Broadway musical “High Society.” She later made her feature film debut in the musical comedy “Camp.” Take a look below for 30 more amazing and interesting facts about Anna Kendrick.
1. Kendrick rose to prominence for her supporting role as Jessica Stanley in “The Twilight Saga.”
2. Her starring role in Jason Reitman’s comedy-drama film “Up in the Air,” which was released in 2009, received praise from critics and a nomination for the Academy Award for Best Supporting Actress.
3. She achieved further recognition for starring as Beca Mitchell in the “Pitch Perfect” film series.
4. Kendrick was born on August 9, 1985, in Portland, Maine.
5. She is the daughter of Janice, an accountant, and William Kendrick, a history teacher who also works in finance.
6. Her maternal grandparents were Ronald and Ruth Cooke.
7. She has an older brother, actor Michael Cooke Kendrick, who appeared in the 2000 film “Looking for an Echo.”
8. Kendrick is of English, Irish and Scottish descent.
9. She attended Deering High School in Portland before entering the entertainment business.
10. Kendrick started her career as a child, auditioning for theater productions in New York City.
11. When she was 12 years old, she played a supporting role in the 1998 Broadway musical “High Society.”
12. Her performance earned her a Theater World Award, as well as nominations for Featured Actress in a Musical at the Drama Desk Awards and Tony Awards.
13. She went on to play a supporting role in the 2003 New York City Opera production of Stephen Sondheim’s musical “A Little Night Music.”
14. Kendrick made her film debut in the musical film “Camp.”
15. Her performance as the nerdy Fritzi Wagner earned her a nomination for the Independent Spirit Award for Best Debut Performance.
16. She went on to play an ambitious high school debater in “Rocket Science,” for which she earned a subsequent Independent Spirit Award nomination for Best Supporting Female.
17. Kendrick rose to prominence in 2008 for the fantasy romance Twilight, based on Stephenie Meyer’s novel of the same name, which became a major blockbuster at the box office.
18. Kendrick played Jessica Stanley, a friend of protagonist Bella Swan.
19. In 2009, she appeared in the comedy “The Marc Pease Experience,” played her first leading role in the crime thriller “Elsewhere,” and returned as Jessica Stanley in “The Twilight Saga: New Moon.”
20. In 2010, Kendrick again appeared as Jessica Stanley in “The Twilight Saga: Eclipse.”
21. Later that year, she appeared in “Scott Pilgrim vs. the World,” in which she played the sister of the title character.
22. In 2011, she appeared in the critically acclaimed comedy-drama “50/50,” playing an inexperienced therapist to a cancer patient played by Joseph Gordon-Levitt.
23. Kendrick starred in the action comedy “Mr. Right,” which premiered at the 2015 Toronto International Film Festival and was released on April 8, 2016.
24. She also starred in “The Hollars,” a comedy-drama directed by and starring John Krasinski, which premiered at the 2016 Sundance Film Festival, and was theatrically released in August 2016.
25. Kendrick starred in “Table 19,” which was released March 3, 2017.
26. In September 2018, Kendrick began appearing in a series of advertisements for Hilton Hotels.
27. In 2009, Kendrick began a relationship with director Edgar Wright after meeting on the set of “Scott Pilgrim vs. the World.
28. The relationship ended in March 2013.
29. Since February 2014, Kendrick has been dating cinematographer Ben Richardson, whom she met while filming “Drinking Buddies.”