AnnaLynne McCord is an American actress, activist and former model. Known for playing vixen type roles, McCord first gained prominence in 2007 as the scheming Eden Lord on the FX television series “Nip/Tuck”, and as the pampered Loren Wakefield on the MyNetworkTV telenovela “American Heiress.” Take a look below for 26 more interesting and fun facts about Lynne McCord.
1. In 2008, she was the 18th actress to be cast in The CW series “90210”, portraying anti-heroine Naomi Clarke.
2. Initially, the part of Clark was conceived as a supporting role. However, by the end of the first season, media outlets had begun referring to McCord as the series’ lead.
3. For the role of Naomi Clark, she was nominated for a Teen Choice Award and received the Hollywood Life Young Hollywood Superstar of Tomorrow award in 2009. In 2010, she won a Breakthrough of the Year Award in the category of “Breakthrough Standout Performance”.
4. Apart from acting, she has also contributed to charities in her free time.
5. In 2009, she was labeled by the Look to the Stars organization as “one of the strongest young female philanthropists standing up in Hollywood and fighting for the charities she believes in.”
6. In 2011, she was nominated for VH1’s “Do Something” Award in the category of “TV Star”.
7. Her turn as a disturbed and delusional teenager in the 2012 film “Excision” was widely acclaimed.
8. For her role in “Excision,” McCord won “Best Actress” at the Malaga International Week of Fantastic Cinema in 2012. Also for her role in “Excision,” she earned second place for “Best Actress” at the Fangoria Chainsaw Awards in 2013.
9. McCord was born July 16, 1987 in Atlanta, the daughter of a Christian pastor.
10. She was raised in Buford, Georgia, where she grew up of modest means, living in a trailer park.
11. She has two sisters, Rachel and Angel.
12. McCord was home-schooled and graduated from high school at the age of fifteen.
13. After graduating, McCord joined the Wilhelmina Modeling Agency.
14. She has appeared in advertising campaigns for various brands, including Estee Lauder, eBay and Marc Ecko.
15. he also modeled for Seventeen, Maxim, Playboy and Woman’s World. McCord has graced the covers of numerous international fashion magazines, including US’ Shape, Nylon, Vanidades, Jezebel, Fashion Journal, and Regard Magazine; Germany’s Cosmopolitan; Indonesia’s Prestige; and Holland’s TV Direkt.
16. She participated in Mexican artist Thalía’s music video “Baby, I’m in Love”.
17. McCord was being considered for the role of Heidi in “New Moon,” the sequel to the 2008 film “Twilight,” according to E! Online. However, she did not get the role.
18. She accepted a role in the Off Broadway play “Love, Loss, and What I Wore” for an April 27 through May 29, 2011 run with Conchata Ferrell, Minka Kelly, Anne Meara, and B. Smith.
19. McCord volunteers to help charity organizations, such as Artists for Peace and Justice, St. Bernard Project, Alzheimer’s Association, Invisible Children, Do Something, Bonnie J. Addario Lung Cancer Foundation, National Domestic Violence Hotline, Stand Up to Cancer, The Blind Project, The Samburu Project, Visual Snow Initiative and Playing for Change.
20. McCord is also a supporter of Somaly Mam Foundation, and has visited the Foundation’s shelters for human trafficking survivors in Cambodia.
21. McCord is the President of Together1Heart, which supports women and children victimized by human-trafficking and sexualized violence. In 2009, McCord was awarded a U.S. Congressional Honor for her anti- trafficking work.
22. In 2014, McCord revealed that she was sexually assaulted when she was 18 by a male friend, and as a result broke down during her rape scene in “90210,” unbeknownst to her fellow cast members, who thought she acted well.
23. In March 2015, while speaking at the United Nations in support of UNWFPA McCord announced her alignment with the anti-sexual-assault and domestic abuse project, the No More Campaign.
24. Beginning in 2011, she was in a relationship with “Prison Break” and “Legends of Tomorrow” star Dominic Purcell.
25. The couple announced an amicable split in 2014 but rekindled their romance a year later. McCord told People Magazine she came back into his life as a friend when the actor was diagnosed with skin cancer but that it soon became romantic again.
26. McCord was with Purcell when he suffered a near-death accident on the set of “Prison Break” in Morocco on June 1, 2016, after an iron bar used as a set piece fell onto his head.