Kathryn Bridget Moynahan is an American actress and model. She’s best known for her role in the police drama “Blue Bloods.” She graduated from Longmeadow High School in Massachusetts in 1989, and began pursuing a career in modeling. Take a look below for 26 more interesting and fascinating facts about Bridget Moynahan.
1. She appeared in department-store catalogs and magazines, and after doing television commercials, she began taking acting lessons.
2. Moynahan made her television debut in a guest appearance in the comedy series “Sex and the City” in 1999, where she later had a recurring role as Natasha.
3. Moynahan was born on April 28, 1971, in Binghamton, New York.
4. She is the daughter of Irish Americans Mary Bridget, a former school teacher, and Edward Bradley Moynahan, a scientist and former administrator at the University of Massachusetts Amherst.
5. Moynahan has two brothers, Andy and Sean.
6. Her family moved to Longmeadow, Massachusetts when Moynahan was around seven years old, where she later attended Longmeadow High School, and was captain of the girls’ soccer, basketball, and lacrosse teams, graduating in 1989.
7. She has said that, during her childhood, she was a tomboy.
8. After graduating from high school, Moynahan pursued a modeling career despite admitting she had never read fashion magazines growing up.
9. She had accompanied a friend to a modeling audition in Springfield, Massachusetts, and was signed by the modeling agency instead of her friend.
10. She began her career appearing in department-store catalogs in Springfield, during which time she attended the University of Massachusetts Amherst.
11. Moynahan moved to New York at age 18 and, a year later, began appearing in magazines such as Vogue and Elle, and on covers of other widely-known magazines.
12. Her cover highlights include Vogue Paris(May 1993), Elle (October 1993), and Glamour (six times).
13. In an interview given in July 2004, Moynahan, discussing her early work, said: “It was a crazy world that paid a lot of money. I liked being a model, but I knew it would never last, so I looked into acting.”
14. During that time, she began doing soap and shampoo commercials, in addition to taking acting and art classes.
15. She studied acting at the Caymichael Patten Studio in New York, and in 1999, made her television debut as Natasha in HBO’s romantic comedy “Sex and the City.”
16. She later had a recurring role in the show, until the divorce of her character from Mr. Big.
17. The following year, she appeared in smaller film roles, including parts in “In the Weeds” and “Whipped.”
18. Moynahan made her feature-film debut in the 2000 comedy-drama “Coyote Ugly” as Rachel, a bartender/dancer in a wild New York bar, a role that is considered Moynahan’s breakthrough.
19. Moynahan lived with screenwriter Scott Rosenberg from 2001 to 2003.
20. She dated NFL quarterback Tom Brady from 2004 until December 14, 2006. Her representative confirmed their split to People in December 2006, stating that they had “amicably ended their three-year relationship”.
21. On February 18, 2007, Moynahan’s representative confirmed to People that she was more than three months pregnant, and that Brady was the father.
22. On August 22, 2007, she gave birth to a baby boy, John Edward Thomas Moynahan.
23. In a July 2008 interview in Harper’s Bazaar, Moynahan discussed her willingness as a single mother to raise her son.
24. Despite media reports that Moynahan and Brady had an acrimonious relationship, it was revealed that the two have maintained a civil relationship since the birth of their son.
25. In 2010, she moved from Pacific Palisades, California to New York when she was cast as ADA Erin Reagan on “Blue Bloods.”
26. On October 17, 2015, she married businessman Andrew Frankel at a ceremony in the Hamptons.