Abra is a Psychic type Pokemon introduced in Generation I. It evolves into Kadabra starting at level 16, which evolves into Alakazam when traded. Take a look below for 25 fun and interesting facts about Abra.
1. Abra is a bipedal Pokemon that is primarily yellow.
2. Its face is kite-shaped with a small, pale yellow snout and two short, pointed ears with pale yellow interiors.
3. Its wide eyes are normally closed.
4. Abra’s body is segmented with black skin is visible between its joints and along its neck.
5. It has two brown, pauldron-shaped extensions on its shoulders, as well as a brown, fauld-like piece around its chest.
6. It has three digits on each hand and foot, but its fingers considerably shorter than its toes.
7. Two of its toes face forward and one faces backward.
8. Its tail is thick and long, with a brown band located near the tip.
9. Abra can sense danger through a telepathic radar. When it does, it teleports to a safe location. However, it sometimes becomes panicked if it wakes in an unknown location.
10. By hypnotizing itself, Abra is able to teleport itself even while sleeping
11. It can use other extrasensory abilities while sleeping as well and can even teleport into the treetops to pick and eat berries.
12. Due to the strain of its telepathic powers, however, Abra sleeps 18 hours each day.
13. If it fails to rest long enough, it will become unable to use its powers.
14. Abra lives in urban areas, but has been observed to teleport to a different location once per hour.
15. If it teleports randomly, it can create illusory copies.
16. In the Pokémon Red and Blue beta, Abra was originally known as “Hocus”.
17. In Pokémon Conquest, Abra is seen floating. Despite this, it is still considered a grounded Pokémon and can activate ground traps such as the Cog Wheel in Valora.
18. Abra has the lowest base Attack, as well as the lowest base Defense along with Smoochum, of all Psychic-type Pokémon.
19. Abra is tied with Solosis for the highest Special Attack of all unevolved Pokémon.
20. In Pokémon: Let’s Go, Pikachu! and Let’s Go, Eevee!, a wild Abra will Teleport away if the player tries to approach it from the front.
21. Abra has the highest flee rate in Pokémon GO of 99%, meaning it is almost guaranteed to run away after breaking out of a Poké Ball.
23. Abra is part of an incantation used in stage magic, Abracadabra.
24. It may also derive from the Spanish word cabra (goat).
25. Sabrina, the Gym Leader of Saffron City, had an Abra that eventually evolved into a Kadabra in Abra and the Psychic Showdown.