Mismagius is a Ghost type Pokemon introduced in Generation IV. It evolves from Misdreavus when exposed to a Dusk Stone. Take a look below for 25 fun and fascinating facts about Mismagius.
1. Mismagius is a purple, ghost like Pokemon.
2. It has a round head with elaborate tufts resembling a witch’s hat atop it.
3. The tips of the tufts are paler than most of the body.
4. It has a thin, red mouth that resembles the letter “W.”
5. Below its head, Mismagius has a long neck with a round lump midway down.
6. Three, elliptical red spheres surround the upper portion of Mismagius’s body.
7. There are extensions on the sides of its lower body with the foremost ones tattered compared to rear ones.
8. This gives Mismagius the appearance of wearing some kind of cloak.
9. If it is powerful, Mismagius can use advanced incantations for various purposes, such as causing misery or happiness.
10. People that hear its cries will usually receive headaches and hallucinations.
11. As shown in the anime, Mismagius can put its victims to sleep, and cause them to enter a strange dream world without their noticing.
12. If Mismagius falls asleep or is knocked out, the victim will wake up.
13. Mismagius’s base HP, Attack, and Defense are all the same as Misdreavus’s, but its base Special Attack, Special Defense and Speed are higher.
14. Mismagius is based on the concept of mages and witches. It also shares similarities with banshees. Mismagius’s coloration might be a reference to the Nasu-babā, a witch-like yōkai with a distinct purple skin.
15. Mismagius may be a combination of mis- (bad, wrong) and magus or magic.
16. Mismagius debuted in Malice In Wonderland!, where it was casting multiple illusions that caused Ash and his friends to see the things they desired the most.
17. A Mismagius appeared in Arriving in Style!, under the ownership of Cocoa. It competed in the Hearthome Collection but lost.
18. A Mismagius debuted in Playing The Leveling Field!, under the ownership of Fantina. It was used in a Contest Battle against Zoey and her Glameow. Mismagius reappeared in Barry’s Busting Out All Over! and again in A Shield with a Twist, where it was used in the Gym battle against Ash. It battled Chimchar and was defeated by Ash’s Counter Shield strategy.
19. A Mismagius appeared in Coming Full-Festival Circle!, under the ownership of Zoey. It was revealed to have evolved from Misdreavus. Mismagius was used in the semifinals of the Sinnoh Grand Festival alongside Zoey’s Leafeon to battle Nando’s Kricketune and Lopunny. Mismagius and Leafeon managed to win against Nando based on points.
20. A Mismagius appeared in Zoroark: Master of Illusions, under the ownership of Grings Kodai, who has owned it since it was a Misdreavus. Years ago, when Kodai first discovered the Time Ripple, Misdreavus was present at the scene. After evolving, Mismagius still served Kodai faithfully and helped him by using its Psychic to prevent Ash from stopping Kodai from taking the energy from the Time Ripple and renewing his ability to see the future. Mismagius was later defeated by Pikachu‘s Volt Tackle.
21. Two Mismagius appeared in Mystery on a Deserted Island!, where at least one of them was part of the Pirate’s Pokémon crew. Multiple Mismagius later appeared on the Deserted Island with the treasure. They were the first Pokémon to attack the group as well as Team Rocket.
22. A Mismagius appeared in Rescuing the Unwilling! and 10,000,000 Reasons to Fight!, under the ownership of Lusamine. Under the control of a Nihilego who was possessing Lusamine, it attacked Ash and his classmates before Nihilego was defeated.
23. A Mismagius appeared in A Haunted House for Everyone!, where it played with Harper and Sarah at the Pokémon School and in the dream filled with several other Ghost-type Pokémon, which it created.
24. A Mismagius appeared in Cilan’s demonstration in Mystery on a Deserted Island!, where it evolved from a Misdreavus.
25. Mismagius was one of the Pokémon Lily used while with Team Galactic. This Pokémon was used to keep Lily hypnotized and under Team Galactic’s control.