Lairon is a dual type Steel and Rock Pokemon introduced in Generation III. It evolves from Aron stating at level 32 and evolves into Aggron starting at level 42. Take a look below for 25 amazing and fascinating facts about Lairon.
1. Lairon is a stocky, armored, Pokemon with four short legs.
2. Its body is dark gray, and its eyes are sky blue.
3. Its back is covered with segments of iron armor, each with a high ridge and round dark holes on the sides.
4. The sides of its lower jaw have several flat protrusions, and two teeth are visible in its mouth.
5. There are two pronged metal bands on its legs.
6. The upper band is gray and the lower is silver.
7. Lairon smashes its steely body against others in battle over territory, and shows off its strength with the size of sparks it creates by ramming into rocks.
8. It drinks nutritious mineral spring water and feeds on iron contained in rocks.
9. It builds its nest on mountains where iron ore is buried, which results in it clashing with humans that are iron mining.
10. Lairon may be based on the Bulgasari, a monster that eats iron in Korean legend; its draconic appearance was most likely inspired by how it appears in the film adaptation of the legend.
11. It also has a similar body shape to the Placerias, a mammal-like synapsid from the Triassic period. As its Pokémon category suggests, its appearance may also be inspired by plate armours.
12. Lairon may be a combination of lairy (slang for aggressive) or lair and iron.
13. Lairon debuted in A Fan with a Plan, under the ownership of a Coordinator named Savannah. In the following episode, it was used in the Battle Stage of the Rubello Contest, where it defeated May’s Bulbasaur but lost to Drew’s Masquerain.
14. A Lairon appeared in Steeling Peace of Mind!, where it was one of the Steel-type Pokémon on Iron Island that had gone crazy due to Team Galactic’s actions. Multiple other Lairon appeared in the follow-up episode.
15. A Lairon appeared in A Pyramiding Rage!, under the ownership of Paul. It battled against Brandon’s Regice, but was defeated quickly. Lairon was revealed to have evolved in Aggron by Familiarity Breeds Strategy!.
16. A Lairon appeared in PK13.
17. A Coordinator’s Laironn appeared in Deceit and Assist.
18. A Lairon made a cameo appearance in Numero Uno Articuno, under the ownership of Noland. It was among the Pokémon residing at the Battle Factory.
19. Multiple Lairon appeared in Lucario and the Mystery of Mew as part of the feuding armies.
20. Multiple Lairon appeared in Giratina and the Sky Warrior alongside Aron and Aggron. It helped Ash and his friends to stop a broken glacier. They appeared again during the ending credits, where they were seen eating the ruins of the Megarig.
21. Multiple Lairon appeared in Genesect and the Legend Awakened as residents of Pokémon Hills.
22. A Lairon appeared in Tag Team Battle Inspiration!, where Trevor was seen taking a picture of it.
23. A Lairon appeared in Meeting at Terminus Cave! inside Terminus Cave.
24. Rono, Sapphire’s Aron, evolved into a Lairon before her challenge with Brawly in the Dewford Gym in Mashing Makuhita. Although he was her highest-level Pokémon, he failed to beat his Hariyama, but was put into good use against Aqua Admin Matt, beating his Pokémon and injuring him badly enough that he was not taken to the Seafloor Cavern sometime later. He evolved into an Aggron on Mirage Island as a result of the training Sapphire underwent alongside Ruby.
25. The Battle Tower rented an Aron, which was stolen by Guile Hideout in The Final Battle VII.