Caitlin Jean Stasey, born on May 1, 1990, is an Australian actress. She’s known for her role as Rachel Kinski in Neighbors. Previously, she played Francesca Thomas in The Sleepover Club. Take a look below for 24 more interesting and fascinating facts about Caitlin Stasey.
1. Her breakthrough movie role came in Tomorrow, When the War Began, a 2010 movie adaption of the teen novel of the same name in which she played the lead protagonist Ellie Linton.
2. She played Lady Kenna in the American series Reign from 2013 to 2015 and had a recurring role in the ABC2 series Please Like Me from 2013 to 2016.
3. In 2017, Stasey starred as Ada on the Fox television drama APB, which was cancelled after one season in May 2017.
4. She was born in Melbourne, Victoria, where she was raised with her younger sister Victoria. Her parents are David and Sally.
5. She attended Star of the Sea College.
6. In 2000, at the age of 10, Stasey traveled the world as a member of the Australian Girls Choir, and took part in a re-recording of Peter Allen’s “I Still Call Australia Home,” for a Qantas commercial.
7. Her first Neighbors episode aired on August 18, 2005.
8. Her Neighbors co-star Holly Valance went to the same school, Star of the Sea in Brighton.
9. She studied film and television at St. Martins Drama Youth School in Melbourne, Australia, which found her the audition role of Rachel Kinski in Neighbors.
10. Stasey performed a duet on Neighbors with fellow cast member Dean Geyer, who plays the role of Ty Harper. They performed a song called “Unforgettable”.
11. She was ranked number 15 on Girlfriend Magazine’s 20 Hottest Under 20.
12. She is related to Stephen Fry and has family members that live in Norfolk, United Kingdom.
13. Stasey made a career breakthrough in September 2003, when she was cast in the children’s television series The Sleepover Club, playing Francesca “Frankie” Thomas, the self-appointed leader of the club.
14. In 2005, Stasey made a brief return to the character of Frankie in the second series of The Sleepover Club.
15. In September 2008, Stasey announced in an interview to the Herald Sun that she would be leaving Neighbors to concentrate on her end of year VCE exams.
16. During 2008, she was linked to the live action film of video game and comic series Wonder Boy. However, it was shut down by Sega.
17. In December 2008, she appeared in the Christmas pantomime Snow White at Norwich Theater Royal.
18. In 2013, Stasey stared in the independent comedy horror movie All Cheerleaders Die as Maddy.
19. In 2007, Stasey reportedly turned down a recording contract offered to her by Tom Nichols, who did the same for former Neighbors star Stephanie McIntosh. She said, “acting is my main passion and I wanted to concentrate my efforts on that, although most actors have that triple threat of being able to sing, dance and act.”
20. In 2008, she covered the song “I’m Yours,” originally by Jason Mraz, for her television show.
21. Stasey says of her sexuality, “I know it troubles many people for me to refer to myself as a lesbian considering I have a male partner. I’m trying to steer as far from labeling as possible. Compartmentalizing myself only leads to condemnation and contradiction. I’m happier being fluid and I’m happier being honest.”
22. In an interview for her website, Herself.com, Stasey stated that she’s in a somewhat open relationship with the love of her life.
23. In 2014, Stasey appeared in the movie I, Frankenstein as Keziah from the gargoyle order.
24. Stasey currently lives in Los Angeles.