Cranidos is a Rock type Fossil Pokemon introduced in Generation IV. It is resurrected from a Skull Fossil and evolves into Rampardos starting at level 30. Take a look below for 22 fun and interesting facts about Cranidos.
1. Cranidos is a gray, dinosaur like Pokemon resembling the Pachycephalosaurus.
2. It has a hooked beak, red irises, and a hard, blue, dome-shaped head with four spikes on its back.
3. It has stubby arms with three claws; despite the stubbiness, it can attack with them.
4. The back half of its body has a large, spiky pattern of blue and it has a short tail.
5. It has feet with three forward claws and one backward.
6. Its main attacking prowess involves charging head-first into its opponents.
7. When it lived in dense forests and jungles 100 million years ago, it would use headbutts to snap obstructing trees, down its prey, and combat other Pokémon like Aerodactyl.
8. It notably lacks any intelligence.
9. Cranidos and its evolved form are the only Fossil Pokémon of a single type.
10. Cranidos is tied with Rockruff for the lowest base Defense of all Rock-type Pokémon.
11. Cranidos and Shieldon evolve at level 30, the earliest of any Fossil Pokémon.
12. Cranidos has the highest Attack of all unevolved Pokémon.
13. Cranidos is based on the Micropachycephalosaurus.
14. Cranidos is derived from cranium. The “nidos” part of its name may be a corruption of “dinos”, which is short for “dinosaurs”.
15. Cranidos debuted in Shapes of Things to Come and A Gruff Act to Follow!, under the ownership of Roark. In Wild in the Streets!, it evolved into a Rampardos after being trapped in Meowth‘s net during an attack by Team Rocket.
16. A Cranidos appeared under the control of the Pokémon Pinchers in Pokémon Ranger: Guardian Signs (Part 2), where it fought against Ben. He later captured it and released it back into the wild.
17. A Cranidos appeared in James’s fantasy in Tag! We’re It…!.
18. A Cranidos appeared in Behold The Phantom Thief Of Justice.
19. A Cranidos is owned by Roark, which he sends out against Platinum in her Gym match. He seems to be one of the first Pokémon that he owned, having been hatched from an Egg long ago. He later evolved to Rampardos around the three Sinnoh Trainers’ arrival on Canalave City. He first appeared in Putting a Crimp in Kricketot.
20. Cranidos assisted its Trainer in rescuing Hareta, who had been captured by Team Galactic Grunts in Hareta’s Very First Pokémon Battle!!. Later, Cranidos was used in a one-on-one Gym battle with Hareta’s Piplup that ended in Hareta’s favor with the help of an Oran Berry Roark gave to him earlier.
21. A Cranidos appeared under the ownership of Roark in PMDP07.
22. A wild Cranidos appeared in PMDP06.