Bayleef is a Grass type Pokemon introduced in Generation II. It evolves from Chikorita starting at level 16 and evolves into Meganium starting at level 32. Take a look below for 21 awesome and interesting facts about Bayleef.
1. Bayleef is a quadruped, pale yellow Pokemon that resembles a sauropod dinosaur.
2. It has a long neck, red eyes, a short, rounded snout, and a stubby tail.
3. Each foot has a single, light gray nail.
4. Sprouting from its forehead is a green leaf that curves back over its head and around its neck are a series of tightly curled leaves.
5. Inside the leaves are small tree shoots.
6. The aroma wafting from the leaves around its neck has a spicy scent and has various beneficial effects on those that inhale it.
7. The fragrance has a combination of energizing, stimulating, and healing effects.
8. Bayleef can be rarely found in grasslands.
9. Bayleef’s “necklace” is consistently described as having a spicy aroma, while real bay leaves have a bitter and herbal taste, which is similar to thyme.
10. Bayleef is based on a group of dinosaurs called sauropods, specifically the Apatosaurus.
11. Its vegetable part is based on the leaves of the bay laurel, whose oil is used for healing and as a stimulant in aromatherapy.
12. Bayleef is a corruption of bay leaf, a herb.
13. Ash’s Chikorita evolved into Bayleef in Current Events while protecting Ash from Team Rocket. Bayleef still had the same personality she had when she was still a Chikorita, but she soon mellowed out.
14. Bayleef debuted in The Bug Stops Here, under the ownership of Casey. It evolved from Chikorita during the episode. It evolved again into a Meganium off-screen prior to the events of Here’s Lookin’ At You, Elekid!.
15. A Bayleef appeared in a fantasy in The Right Place and the Right Mime.
16. A Trainer’s Bayleef appeared in Regaining the Home Advantage!.
17. Four Bayleef appeared in The Power of Us, with two under the ownership of two different Trainers (including an unnamed recurring woman), the third being wild, and the fourth appearing during a flashback.
18. Ash’s Bayleef only appeared on the scoreboard in One Half Of A Poké Ball.
19. A Bayleef appeared in JBA4.
20. In Lively Larvitar, Crystal’s Chikorita, nicknamed Megaree, evolves into a Bayleef while defending his Trainer against an attack from an old foe, an impish wild Larvitar. He evolved with his fellow starter Pokémon in the fight against Lugia in the Whirl Islands.
21. Gold has a Bayleef that used to belong to Black, but was released by its former Trainer for being too weak. After joining Gold’s team, it has been able to defeat strong opponents such as Bugsy’s Scyther.