Jason Scott Mesnick is a reality television celebrity. He was the runner up on season 4 of The Bachelorette and was featured on season 13 of The Bachelor. Take a look below for 20 more fun and fascinating facts about Jason Mesnick.
1. Mesnick graduated from Lake Washington High School in the Seattle suburb of Kirkland, Washington, and the University of Washington.
2. Mesnick competed on the fourth season of The Bachelorette, which premiered in May 2008, as one of the suitors of DeAnna Pappas, even proposing in the final rose ceremony before Pappas stopped him.
3. Mesnick was then chosen to be featured on the 13th season of The Bachelor, which premiered in January 2009.
4. On The Bachelor, Mesnick proposed and became engaged to Melissa Rycroft, a 25-year-old Dallas native and former squad member of the Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders.
5. On the season’s finale, Mesnick revealed that he changed his mind.
6. When Rycroft was brought out, he broke up with her, and she returned the engagement ring.
7. Molly Malaney, the runner-up, was then brought out. Mesnick asked for another chance with her, and she accepted.
8. Mesnick was a guest on Jimmy Kimmel Live! the day after the final episode, After the Final Rose, was aired.
9. He said the chemistry was different between him and Rycroft.
10. Kimmel asked Mesnick why he proposed marriage to Rycroft and Mesnick replied that Rycroft was exactly what he wanted at the time, but he did not want to lead Rycroft on.
11. In June 2009 Rycroft announced her engagement to a man she had been dating in Dallas.
12. In October 2009, while vacationing in New Zealand, Mesnick asked Malaney to marry him and she accepted.
13. They were married on February 27, 2010, in the Los Angeles suburb of Rancho Palos Verdes.
14. Their wedding aired in a two-hour special called The Bachelor: Jason and Molly’s Wedding, on March 8, 2010.
15. Mesnick married Hilary Buckholz in 2003 and had a son, Ty, in 2005.
16. The couple divorced in 2007, with Mesnick retaining custody of their son.
17. On October 12, 2012, Mesnick and his wife Molly announced they were expecting their first child together.
18. Their daughter, Riley Anne Mesnick, was born on March 14, 2013.
19. The family resides in Kirkland, Washington.
20. Mesnick is a residential real estate agent.